graham1971

VR6 Automatic gear shift surround

Hi misterbeck, my original was stuck on with some glue, some thin double sided tape would also work.

Currently going through Maplin's entire range of small bulbs!... will keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm away for 2/3 weeks as of today but anyone interested PM me and I'll be in touch upon my return

Gessss its difficault to work round that site... has anyone seen the shifter for the Corrado on there?

Mine is somewhat had it :(

Use your browser settings to translate the page to English, it's easier to search using part numbers if you know them.

Sorry, yes the strip does illuminate if you have a bulb that works!

Hi Graham, looks promising - thanks for sharing. When removing my surround it has a different part no. shown in photo - is your car a post 93 model/VR6? Or does your existing one have the same part no. as mine?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85551[/ATTACH]

I just ordered one of the trims part no. 536 863 209 J 4FB.

But instead of ordering from Volkswagen Classic Parts in Germany for €102 euros (including €35 euros delivery charge)

I got one of the guys at VW Heritage to order if for me from Volkswagen Classic Parts, Germany instead.

They quoted me £43.00 including delivery.

They had a total of 3 of these items left in stock. Now only 2 remaining.

Hi Graham, looks promising - thanks for sharing. When removing my surround it has a different part no. shown in photo - is your car a post 93 model/VR6? Or does your existing one have the same part no. as mine?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85551[/ATTACH]

Mines a March 94 VR6, I've gone by the specific part number they told me to order for a RHD car.

I just ordered one of the trims part no. 536 863 209 J 4FB.

But instead of ordering from Volkswagen Classic Parts in Germany for €102 euros (including €35 euros delivery charge)

I got one of the guys at VW Heritage to order if for me from Volkswagen Classic Parts, Germany instead.

They quoted me £43.00 including delivery.

They had a total of 3 of these items left in stock. Now only 2 remaining.

Bugger! That's crazy considering they wanted 180 euros plus postage for it before I emailed them!

I made an order at 9.30am this morning for €102 euros and realised that i could have done

it cheaper through Heritage and so Volkswagen Classic in Germany let me cancel my original order and said they would return the payment.

I then got onto Heritage to get them to order it.

Maybe you have still got time to cancel your order if it hasn't already been dispatched.

It was marked as despatched this morning 💩 I'll try asking heritage what price they can get parts from VW classic for before I order in future! Still happy overall though because had they not reduced it I would have paid a lot more!

Mine came today with some air ducting from under the dash that I bought from Graphite. Fitted both when I got home from work, ducting was fiddly but both jobs make a big difference!

Glad it arrived and it's the right part... can't wait to get this sorted as such an eye sore on am otherwise immaculate interior.

Wow! Got my remanufactured strip from Spen today and I have to say they are incredibly accurate and high quality. Top job!

Wow! Got my remanufactured strip from Spen today and I have to say they are incredibly accurate and high quality. Top job!

Glad you got it ok Graham