Sign in to follow this  
woody

Bugger, Snapped Bolts Again!!!! Thanks John

Was not sure wher to put this but as you could call having a head rebuild servicing i put it here.

For anyone who does not know whenever any work is done on my car it usually involves lots of swearing loads of time and more importantly not enough time to go down the pub at a sensible time. Basically when taking off my exhaust manifold two of the bolts snapped in the head followed by **cking **it, W***ker thats the last time i work on this heap of sh*t ( meaning my car )

This mearnt that the head had to come off and a replacement parts were required. Lucky for me 16vG60 had all of the required parts.

A BIG thankyou to John for undertaking this job on sunday so that i did not have to take the train home. Plus john said that the cylinder head and and pistons were is reasonable nick for the milage that they had done.

WTF is going on with the colour of that head?!!?!?

Exactley what I was thinking :wink:

tut tut tut. These people who keep breaking their car!!! ;)

Heard about this last night from John, sounds like you had fun mate :D

Ah *that* side of the head...... old age? Infrequent oil changes? Crap oil?

All of the above I'd say. Might take the cam cover off mine for a look some time. I hope it's not as bad as that though..

well it doesn't look too healthy does it!?

I think I'd have spewed up if my engine looked like that. thankfully it's as clean as a new one inside.

I agree maybe it indicates poor maintenance in the past, but if everything's basically ok the discolouring doesn't *actually* do anything *itself*...

We've seen a few engine interiors looking like that though.

No it was actuallt that colour. I have only had the car 15 months and all of the 5 oil changes which it has had in that time used the proper stuff from VAG. In saying that this car was not looked after by the person who had it before me lots of problems over the last year.