easypops

Bonnet release cables

Some ppl on vr6oc may be interested in these so feel free post this up on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do mate,thanks...... if I can remember my log in :)

Sorry should have replied sooner but mine arrived as well :) Thanks for organising this!

Thanks guys, it's our pleasure, we've both benefited many times from the things other people have sourced, plus I needed a couple for myself anyway :lol:

Apologies for the late update - mine arrived last week - all good. Keep up the good work, really appreciated.

Fitted this evening. Relatively easy job, and now my bonnet release action is super smooth! Cheers!

Hi easypops, Do you have any of these left please?

I will take one if you do please

Thanks

Alex

Yes mate, PM coming your way :)

Fitted this evening. Relatively easy job, and now my bonnet release action is super smooth! Cheers!

Nice one Jim, thanks for the feedback, I have full confidence in mine now, well I will have when I put the front end back on :)

One thing I would be interested to see is what the guides that protect the bonnet cable where it runs between the two release latches and across the front of the radiator, look like? They're apparently obsolete. I read a guide somewhere just saying to use a segment of the old bonnet cable sheathing. Does anyone have a picture of what this stuff is actually meant to look like? It's part number '24' on the attached diagram..

My cable is now running right across the top of the radiator so I worry that the constant heat cycling on it will cause it to weaken over time.

One thing I would be interested to see is what the guides that protect the bonnet cable where it runs between the two release latches and across the front of the radiator, look like? They're apparently obsolete. I read a guide somewhere just saying to use a segment of the old bonnet cable sheathing. Does anyone have a picture of what this stuff is actually meant to look like? It's part number '24' on the attached diagram..

My cable is now running right across the top of the radiator so I worry that the constant heat cycling on it will cause it to weaken over time.

I'll fire up a picture of it later on mate, it is as you describe, the same as the cable sheathing with a metal end on each side plus a 3 foam type spacers to stop it rattling I guess

I'll fire up a picture of it later on mate, it is as you describe, the same as the cable sheathing with a metal end on each side plus a 3 foam type spacers to stop it rattling I guess

Hm OK - I may remove my cable then and fashion something out of the old sheathing for a bit of extra protection. Cheers. Annoying that part is obsolete really given that everything else is available.

Hm OK - I may remove my cable then and fashion something out of the old sheathing for a bit of extra protection. Cheers. Annoying that part is obsolete really given that everything else is available.

Should be easy enough to fashion something out of your old cable mate, I'll also take an accurate measurement of it

I'm going to need one of these if you have some left, could you send a PM.

Cheers Ben

PM sent :)

Jim,

Here are the pictures of the bit under the slam panel,as you'll see it's basically just a bit of cable sheathing with ends on it and some foam spacers, should be fairly easy to make one I'd think......I've ordered some ends so will likely try one out.

70B3586B-B2C9-459E-9236-93FD494218C0.jpg

Length is 790mm

616FB28D-AA41-4B05-B6FB-FA8AD16DED92.jpg

Foam spacers

BC939299-C628-48FE-86BC-07617F2CC58B.jpg

Interesting - going to start looking for something suitable to duplicate it. I would have said bike brake cable sheathing but this stuff seems more heavy duty, with the metal braid around it.

Easypops, is that a clip near the bonnet stay holding the cable in situ??

Mine doesn't have that, or any hole where something could go through. The VW etka picture doesn't show it either. Hmm! !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Easypops, is that a clip near the bonnet stay holding the cable in situ??

Mine doesn't have that, or any hole where something could go through. The VW etka picture doesn't show it either. Hmm! !

No mate, it's just an old cable tie, it's not my doing, just on a spare slam panel I picked up :)

Received the cable last Saturday and really pleased with it, I did manage to get the end clip caught and it pinged off somewhere into the void so have ordered a couple of these and hope they do the job.

Cheers Ben

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-90-110-130-BONNET-RELEASE-CABLE-SLAM-PANEL-CLIP-13H489L-/271594202781?nav=SEARCH

Not sure about these Land Rover clips. I have a bag of them here and comparing them to the clip on the reproduction cables they do seem a lot smaller. Hmmmm.... Be interesting to hear how you get on fitting it.

Just fitted the Land Rover clip and it seems to be working, I won't deny the fact that more persuasion was needed than the standard clip but they seem to do the job.

Easypops do you have any left. Sods law that I finally started putting the front of the car on today. Adjusted it all up nicely, then tonight 'BANG' that bloody clip has broken. Aghh

Also has anyone fitted a Spring on the handle so it automatically returns back. ..the most used part of my Corrado is putting the bonnet up !!