StFoulis007

I am new, South Coast based

The VR6 is a DOHC engine, not single cam btw. Again, hold out until you've had a good look round mine or Daves. You'll know what to look for and it really makes a difference. A 16v is less desireable so in theory you should get more for your money, and will obviously be much better on fuel economy, but don't be put off by the VR6 for that reason. I run mine as a daily at the moment, and have no bother what so ever. I'm around at the weekend if that suits you mate. Sunday would be best for me, but I'm off all next week too so anytime then if it suits you better to come have a good look.

I was just looking at that one on the forum. The wheel arch looks rotten through and would definitely need new metal welding in there. I would be worried about other areas in a similar state to that hidden under paint that haven't reared their ugly head yet.

Sean is definitely right, wait and do check one out with someone who knows them inside out before buying one.

I can be about sunday Sean, that is no problem. Yes I would love a vr6, would love to install one into a mk1 but it will just spin up, And it would make things so much simpler rather than doing a complete conversion. It would be benificial to pick both your brains. I currently get about 40mpg at 80mph on motorways ect in the mk4 as long as its equally as in-efficient I have no problems. Or could always install and econemy ecu? I will hold fire then, I guess they will pop up for sale once in a while. Yes I realised that after I had a more in depth look Dave. Not very good...

40 mpg at 80mph, I think the only Corrado you'll get close to that is with the 2.0 8v. VR6 you'll see about 30mpg at that speed, maybe 35/36 in a 16v.

For work i drive about half hour 45 mins each way, down country lanes so varing speeds from 40-60mph. Motorway i only use if going to portsmouth but much orefer taking the route via purbrook if I am no rush.