Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Thinking about upgrading

Hi guys, been considering a change now from the g60 to the vr6, its becuase i want to get a newer car and one with as little miles on it as possible, my query is does anyone know how many vr6's were made with air con? not to bothered if it is dealer or factory fit. and secondly are borbet a's available in vr6 stud pattern, 7 1/2 front 9 inche rears?

colours think of getting: black, metallic black, silver, blackberry. May even consider any other model as i may (BIG may) do 1.8t or g60 conversion.

Dinkus's car is quite rare as it has a full size spare (L reg VR), air-con, cloth recaros and headlight washers! Probably one or two other things I didn't notice too. The original buyer clearly wasn't scared of the options tick boxes!

The buyer of mine was tight as I've just got your basic run of the mill jobbie, LOL!

I didn't know Corrados could come with a full size spare?

And then you get ones like Andi's and Asim's ... leather recaro's, headlight washers, aircon......sure there are more options as well!

There's already a slight hump in the floor of my boot with a space-saver. But my Mk2 Golf had a full-size spare and there was a giant mound in my boot... It made fitting stuff in bloody awkward, and looked terrible.

... It made fitting stuff in bloody awkward, and looked terrible.

For some reason I read that as 'it made fitting a body in very arkward, and looked terrible' !!!

Aye, but surely the cloth recaros (nice cloth too) are rarer than the leather ones? Never seen them before. Seen plenty of leather ones.

Kangarooboy, yeah you get a hump with the space saver but this was a major camel hump in the boot with a spare speedline under it! Unless the carpet was specially made or something, it looked stock.

Yeah, full size spare was a option rarely taken up. Another very rare option was Connolly leather on the standard sport seats. I've only ever seen one C VR with Connolly and it was beige. The only reason I knew it was Connolly was the steering wheel was in beige leather and the leather itself was much softer than the hard shiny leather VW insisted on using thru the 90s.

My car is similar spec to dinkus' car in that it also has headlamp wash, air con and electric Recaros, except mine are in beige leather, which meanbs it also came with the bum warmers ;-) Full size spare and auto box were the only options my car didn't come with, thank goodness! :D

Hey maj, long time no speak.. you going to pod on sunday??

I'd stick with what you've got & do something under the bonnet, you no the car, you no whats been done to it etc, but then its upto you.. :p

Hey bally im cool man just been busy working and stuff, dont live on the forum anymore :(

I see what ur saying about knowing the car, but was thinking trying a vr6 for quite some time and swapping the mods over is going to be abit tricky, but im still looking at my options.

whats happening at POD?