94blackvr6

Help! Rear spoiler problem!

I recently had some bodywork and spray work done to my black 94 vr6.. it's looking mint however when they were spraying it they must have forced (the fully working) rear spoiler up and now it's not working.. it comes up only by hand now!

1.Have they completely broken it?

2. Can this be fixed?

3. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Please help any advice would be appreciated.

Does it work manually off the button under the dash?

Does it work manually off the button under the dash?

Not anymore. Also I can hear the motor trying to lift it but like I said the spoiler doesn't feel like it's connected anymore.

When you say comes up by hand do you mean by the turning knob on the spoiler mech?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When you say comes up by hand do you mean by the turning knob on the spoiler mech?

Hi it comes by when you physically hold the spoiler and lift it as if it's not connected to the motor mechanism. It didn't do that before and I'm sure it's not supposed to do that either

Are you sure they've not disengaged it by pulling the knob out??

I'd take it back to them if it is broken - the mech was over £700 when last available from VW!

Are you sure they've not disengaged it by pulling the knob out??

I'd take it back to them if it is broken - the mech was over £700 when last available from VW!

Exactly what i was thinking undo the screws on the panel underneath the spoiler mech and you should see a twisting knob if its in the out position you need to push it in.

Exactly what i was thinking undo the screws on the panel underneath the spoiler mech and you should see a twisting knob if its in the out position you need to push it in.

Hi all

I have tried unscrewing the plastic trim and the winder nob was pushed in. I tried to wind it manually but I'm not getting any movement on the spoiler. I took it for a drive after fitting a new starter and air filter and I can hear the usual humming from the spoiler when driving 50mph but again no movement on the motor.

I can pull up the spoiler by hand which I was not able to do before the car car went in for spray and I think the attachment between the motor/mechanism has been broken.

Does anyone have pics of the way the spoiler is attached?

Have a good poke round under the rear cover. It's simple enough in design and hopefully you should find the fault.

The spoiler is attached by two bolts in each slider . Be very careful the plastic captive nut on the body is very weak .

Hi all,

Sorry for the late update, hectic at work!!

OK so I opened the rear cover exposing the spoiler mechanism and I can confirm the motor is spinning but nothing much more.

I've been doing some reading and suspect the cables have broken when the forced the spoiler up.. does anyone have any pics or know how the spoiler is attached to the motor mechanism?

All the help is appreciated guys