annavr6

VR6 Disc Backing Plates

Hi All

We have worked at Heritage with Julian who h as a VR6 corrado here to re produce these backing plates for 280/288mm brakes.

They for Corrado VR6 models and Mk3 Golf GTI and VR6 models.

Julian is going to check the fit on his car with one set, Would anyone like to test fit the other set? My only ask is that you post photos in this thread afterwards.

Me :)

I've actually been looking for a set and have the car in partial bits so fitting will(hopefully) be quick and easy........not usual Corrado terms mind you :lol:

Hi

So i think its only fair to go to first poster here.

Easypops if i ship them today for tomorrow can you fit by the end of the weekend?

Fully understand! If anything happens that Easypops cant help I can be a back up! (Dam delayed sending and terrible internet :sad: haha)

Let us know how they go, I think I need some!

Thanks

We will be producing them providing the fit on these is spot on. They line up perfectly with a genuine one that we have here and are slightly heavier so hoping all is good to go ahead with production

Great news, Anna. Definitely be after a set of these once they go into production :) What's the situation with the rear plates? I know they're still available but just wonder if it's a matter of time before VW obsolete them. Would you be willing to look into getting those reproduced as well?

Can you not produce these in ever lasting stainless steel?

Great news, Anna. Definitely be after a set of these once they go into production :) What's the situation with the rear plates? I know they're still available but just wonder if it's a matter of time before VW obsolete them. Would you be willing to look into getting those reproduced as well?

If the demand is there for the rears then yes we could look to reproduce them. The only thing is when doing something we need a demand as there are large minimum order quantities to enable to you to get a half decent price. Unfortunately you just cant tell when VW are going to make something obsolete so when i dont know on rears if and when currently

I notice classic parts are also doing a few corrado bits as they have done the bonnet cable so its good to see someone else taking note of what people want.

So glad you're doing this! I think off side is available but near side is obsolete. Good stuff, thanks Anna!

Hi

So i think its only fair to go to first poster here.

Easypops if i ship them today for tomorrow can you fit by the end of the weekend?

Yes, I'm sure I can, I have discs/pads etc sitting waiting so can't see why not :)

Yes, I'm sure I can, I have discs/pads etc sitting waiting so can't see why not :)

Should land with you today

Julian weighed them last night.

genuine VW originals were 16.7 grams and our new productions are 21.4 grams so they should be better than OE

Hi All

We have worked at Heritage with Julian who h as a VR6 corrado here to re produce these backing plates for 280/288mm brakes.

They for Corrado VR6 models and Mk3 Golf GTI and VR6 models.

Julian is going to check the fit on his car with one set, Would anyone like to test fit the other set? My only ask is that you post photos in this thread afterwards.

@Annavr6 - Would recommend sticking on www.vr6oc.com as I'm sure many people would be interested in these items for VR6 variants! feel free to promote any other offers from heritage as I send people your way all the time !

@Annavr6 - Would recommend sticking on www.vr6oc.com as I'm sure many people would be interested in these items for VR6 variants! feel free to promote any other offers from heritage as I send people your way all the time !

If i am not mistaken i think Julian may of already done this, He did mention he had put a post up about it yesterday

Thanks Pete thats good to know. We will also for you guys a forum discount if you want to contact me about it i will set it up for them to use. We are now listing a complete range for mk3 so anything to help. Drop me a mail [email protected]

They arrived today Anna, and they look great, I can't imagine any reason why they won't fit?

I gave them a wee test fit on a set of hubs I have sitting about but I will get them onto the car over the weekend:)

Shields

603DCDC7-BD5E-4227-87A0-C3F740ED07B0.jpg

On the hubs

21B6B21E-C07B-4D56-9E73-4685D82B89E1.jpg

This is perfect timing for me, coming off the road next week in preparation for the Underside refurb over the next few months. :thumbleft:

They arrived today Anna, and they look great, I can't imagine any reason why they won't fit?

I gave them a wee test fit on a set of hubs I have sitting about but I will get them onto the car over the weekend:)

Shields

603DCDC7-BD5E-4227-87A0-C3F740ED07B0.jpg

On the hubs

21B6B21E-C07B-4D56-9E73-4685D82B89E1.jpg

They certainly look like a spot on fit from those images above which is great news

Can you give us an idea on pricing, Anna?

We have made them in pairs so will be supplied as a pair. Cost will be around £35 for the pair.

That seems extremely reasonable :) Thanks!

No worries, glad you think its not too expensive. In comparison mk1 plates are around 20 quid each for reproduction and £35 each for Genuine VW

If i am not mistaken i think Julian may of already done this, He did mention he had put a post up about it yesterday

Thanks Pete thats good to know. We will also for you guys a forum discount if you want to contact me about it i will set it up for them to use. We are now listing a complete range for mk3 so anything to help. Drop me a mail [email protected]

Sent you email last night Anna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Anna,

I can't face putting the car back together with all the old rusty bolts, so will be ordering new ones tomorrow, is this something I could get from you?

Anyway I've taken a wee selection of pictures with and without the brake disk fitted, although there is little to see with it on. If you want/need any others let me know :)

57EFD931-935D-4C48-A37D-6E4D2AC29EBF.jpg

736D79F6-4177-4D81-BD0A-BD9EC1B08623.jpg

6F2A536F-94F2-4E3E-9EB8-A1FF9A1120AE.jpg

3D2ED136-494C-4183-AEC4-0775B72CC50E.jpg

1FC66DFD-2F33-4C88-8DF2-C0340B03B88F.jpg

I'm going to be using stainless bolts to hold the shields in place, it's not exactly heavy :)