robrado974

Replacing the front end underside , where to lift the car from ? .,

Afternoon chaps .

I'm going to take the old girl off the road and sort out the underside at the front of the car . If I enjoy the last of the weather I will be left with dark rainy evenings , which is not ideal . My question is , I obviously need to remove , track rods and the like , inc treating the subframes . Where can I lift the car from at a good height so I can work on it all ? . I have axle stands but I'm not sure where I can put them safely . This work will not be done over one weekend it will take a while . My subframes are in great Nick , I think with a clean and some treatment and paint I won't need to remove them , just change the bushes .

Many thanks

Rob.

Just put axle stands in front of the front suspension struts on the chassis rails - had mine like that for weeks while I had all front suspension and subframe removed.

If you look near the jacking points on the sills and then go inwards you will find a number of strengthened points on the chassis shell that you can use. Be careful to protect the top of your jack stands and jack with something (I use a rubber ice hockey puck) so as not to damage the under seal.

If you do a Google search, there is a picture about of the Corrado from underneath with all the jacking points and reinforced sections marked.