VR-Sixy

Hatchback Heated Rear Window Elements.

Got my Corrado back yesterday after having most of the glass replaced.... i expect most of you know the details!! :) I noticed this morning that a few of the 'lines' which de-mist the back glass are not heating up. Admittedly the glass that's in there now is from an old tailgate i had which i kept for spares and right now, i'm glad i did!!

Is there anyway to repair these elements? :scratch: They all look intact and the others work fine so some of it is working as it should. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

p.s.... i've also got some gaffer tape marks on the paintwork where we had to tape black bin-liner bags over the broken glass. Is there anything special i need to remove these marks, or will just a dab of Lime Prime or something similar do the trick?

Thanks again.

Edited by VR-Sixy

Yes you can get a conducting adhesive on eBay. Mask over each side of the section of the strip that's faulty and just paint it on. Make sure you mix it thoroughly though!

p.s.... i've also got some gaffer tape marks on the paintwork where we had to tape black bin-liner bags over the broken glass. Is there anything special i need to remove these marks, or will just a dab of Lime Prime or something similar do the trick?

Pretty sure I've read that something like WD40 is quite good at removing sticky adhesive residue from paint. Alternatively could try like a bug / tar remover spray such as those made by Autoglym?

You cam get pens to re-draw the elements on the rear screen too. I'd also recommend tar and glue remover, as it's specifically for this application. God know you don't want to come out the following morning to find some concoction you've used has reacted with your paint!

Thanks as always for your replies gentlemen! I've got a can of WD40 at home....I'll give it a shot tonight........ :)

Edited by VR-Sixy