delfinis38

ECS Tuning

Any good or bad vibes about ordering from ESC Tuning in the states ? Never normally buy stuff from out of the UK... Is shipping and import duty expensive.

Just looking at ARZ tuning too.. Guess they are an okay company.

Edited by delfinis38

Not heard of ESC, but I've bought stuff from ARZ before and yes shipping was very expensive (€30 for q shoebox sized package), it arrived in 3 days!

I looked at getting some nuts from ECS as they are obsolete over here, $57 including postage for 2 nuts that cost $2!

Any good or bad vibes about ordering from ESC Tuning in the states ? Never normally buy stuff from out of the UK... Is shipping and import duty expensive.

Just looking at ARZ tuning too.. Guess they are an okay company.

watch out for import tax, they cover none of it, i got all my super charger kit from them, customer service and that was spot on. Rate them

watch out for import tax, they cover none of it, i got all my super charger kit from them, customer service and that was spot on. Rate them

I await any import tax.... Good customer service this morning. Nice chap.

I await any import tax.... Good customer service this morning. Nice chap.

yer was really impressed with their customer service, shame i fell out with them for putting the full charger value (the value shown on the outside being the figure they use to calculate the tax) on the outside of the box, costing me £750, But in hindsight not their fault. but bloody frustrating from where i was sat.

ECS are a good bunch, but order stuff through Awesome GTI as they are official importers. Saves you the agro of sorting that yourself!

ECS are a good bunch, but order stuff through Awesome GTI as they are official importers. Saves you the agro of sorting that yourself!

good info Kev

surprised you didnt chip in your experience on the ccgb/forum show thread m8? ;)

yer was really impressed with their customer service, shame i fell out with them for putting the full charger value (the value shown on the outside being the figure they use to calculate the tax) on the outside of the box, costing me £750, But in hindsight not their fault. but bloody frustrating from where i was sat.

Never had to pay tax before, what percentage would you expect to pay.

Thought we were still part of the EU so no import tax as long as I pay the 19% vat in Germany.

Edited by delfinis38

Which I believe is correct... Not sure what EJ is on about.

I assume he's referring to ECS

I was yes, America being otuside of the EU...

What did you think i was on about?