16vMatt

I've got a rather poorly VR6

Morning all not news that I want to write but last night I was in a bit of a smash (no I wasn't speeding) and now my VR is looking in quite a state :( Expect a lot of wanted posts from me asking for parts. That's all no one else seems to understand why I care so much about my car being damaged but like many of you will understand these cars are truly unique.

60e1da884a0069da1ff3d271c2ea208d.jpg

ahhh poop - sorry to hear & see this

are you & any passengers ok though?

have you been able to tell if the impact has twisted any chassis rails?

wonder if you can get away with new bumper, slam panel & headlights maybe

ahhh poop - sorry to hear & see this

are you & any passengers ok though?

have you been able to tell if the impact has twisted any chassis rails?

wonder if you can get away with new bumper, slam panel & headlights maybe

Yeah I'm fine thanks, no passengers thankfully.

That was my plan new slam panel, bumper,splitter and I've already got a spare bonnet to chuck on aswell. Might need a new rad aswell the slam panel went back into the radiator and now it has a few dings on it. Worst thing is I've just forked out a load on my other project. Was planning to take it off the road for winter anyways but ideally wanted it in once piece

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Gutted for you. Good luck in getting it sorted

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm fine thanks, no passengers thankfully.

That was my plan new slam panel, bumper,splitter and I've already got a spare bonnet to chuck on aswell. Might need a new rad aswell the slam panel went back into the radiator and now it has a few dings on it. Worst thing is I've just forked out a load on my other project. Was planning to take it off the road for winter anyways but ideally wanted it in once piece

cool - glad you are ok

having been through a rad change myself i would say it is probably wise to put a new one in when the front end is off

It had a new one last year would and it hasn't lost any coolant so I think it should be alright. Got my slam panel and front bumper off. How do I go about removing the bonnet release cable to remove the slam panel fully?

It had a new one last year would and it hasn't lost any coolant so I think it should be alright. Got my slam panel and front bumper off. How do I go about removing the bonnet release cable to remove the slam panel fully?

fingers crossed for the rad then

err not sure sorry but have you supported the engine with a jack when you took the bumper off? as 2 bolts for the bumper go through engine mountings i believe

Yes got a jack underneath the front cross member as well as axle stands. Didn't want to risk it

Yes got a jack underneath the front cross member as well as axle stands. Didn't want to risk it

tidy - couldnt tell from the original pic lol

Sorry to hear this, hopefully it's not too bad.

The cable has some little trumpets on it with little grub screws attaching it to the cable, undo those and it'll all slide apart

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you're alright.

If you've not already done it, remove the bumper and have a check of the rad support panel. They have a habit of getting kicked back in a low speed shunt. In its self not a big issue, but they also have the a solid PAS fluid pipe fixed to the front. The plastic ears that the bumpers locate against have a habit of breaking off as well.

Hope you get it all fixed up.

Cheers for the help everyone. Due to go to Birmingham tomorrow to pick up all the parts I need to her back on the road. :)

Car now resprayed and all in one piece anyone know where this last part goes though?

01f3063007565b397e2e80695014b33d.jpg

59908b3090710d00125b00ce8577e33e.jpg

Outside air temp sensor. Pushes in from behind to a hole on the right side lower bumper grille, to the side of the tow eye cover mate.

Outside air temp sensor. Pushes in from behind to a hole on the right side lower bumper grille, to the side of the tow eye cover mate.

Cheers, now I can finally enjoy my car again