fla

Obd2 down on power

Everything seems in order and the first 6 months or so were great. The car now feels sluggish and after not driving for a week the idle is hunting and a bit lumpy. Pickup is also poor - in fact my son even commented that it didn't pull that well. Any suggestions?

I've cleaned the maf plus checked for any air leaks and so far all ok. No errors on vagcom either.

Thanks

Is that when engine is warm and cold? I'd check spark plugs, ht leads and coilpack first off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leads are quite new but I'll take the plugs out and give them a clean. Anything in particular I should be looking for?

Just scanned the car again and got code 00668. Aligned the throttle body and got the ok on vcds. Now the immobiliser seems to be blocking the starting of the car. Idle was quite lumpy but not misfiring-lumpy. Raining at the moment but I'll check the spark plugs to see what they look like.

Charged the battery overnight and it started without a hitch this morning. Took the plugs out. Colours on all were perfect except no. 5 which was a bit blacker than the others. I guess this means it's not firing properly? No arcing on the end of the connector or any other telltale signs of a failure.

I'll take it for a test drive tomorrow. Idle was very smooth after slight cleaning of the plugs so I'm a bit confused. The tube to the fpr is a bit perished - I wonder if that would be affecting the idle?

Edited by fla

The tube to the fpr is a bit perished - I wonder if that would be affecting the idle?

if its perished to the point its leaking vacuum, then yet it would.

I would also be checking for other vacuum leaks, as well as MAF.

As pete says, yes it probably would. I wouldn't worry too much about 1 plug being a little oily, it could be something as small as the HT lead not seated right. Another thing to remember is that with the 6 cylinders, a misfire won't be anywhere near as bad as a 4 cylinder so lumpy can be misfire. Sounds like you've sorted it anyway!