fla

Obd2 hard starting when warm

As above once the car is warm it cranks for quite a while before firing. My initial assumption was that this was due to the immobiliser (I'm using an emulator to bypass the ecu immobiliser). But just another thought is perhaps the crank sensor? Suggestions?

May be worth asking this on vr6oc Hasan. Mostly Golf's on there so more likely to get a response from those with experience. If you fix it, let us know on this thread though!

Mines doing the same thing mate. I'm collecting new coolant temp sensors this morning to hopefully sort it. I'll let you know what happens......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea Sean. Rado87 look forward to your results. Which temp sensors are you changing?

Just leaving TPS now. I've got all 3 that locate in the stat housing. £90 for all 3 with o rings and clips. Watch this space...

If you are going to change any I'd go with blue, black is 3rd speed fan and yellow is dash temp so not going to do anything.

I'd have a look for general threads about starting problems when warm (obd1 & 2) as I reckon the answer will be the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blue was the one I had in mind mate but I'm having troubles with the fuse for the after run which keeps blowing so thought I'd change the yellow one too and whilst I'm there may as well do them all! I've got a feeling I've got a dodgy fan control module though!!

Posted on another thread, but after changing the blue sensor with a genuine vw one it appeared to solve the issue but again it was back to long cranking again this afternoon.

Ive also changed the crank sensor. Someone has suggested using a check valve from the fuel pump to the fuel rail which I'll try next.

Incidentally it went like stink for about 40 miles and economy on the mfa was showing around 38 -39 mpg, although obd2 overreads by about 10%.The return drive wasn't as good power felt down and the mpg dropped to 37 although i drove more carefully