I'm coming early tomorrow now, decided to avoid the possibility of wet camping, light weight I know !

on the plus side should be in the C now :)

Edited by Harrier

Am entering my C into the show and shine tomorrow. Would be good to catch up with some forum folks. Looking forward to meeting you all Sunday and no more fookin rain!

We have found ourselves a good pub in Olney tonight, one, for some good food and two, to get a break from the luvverly weather!

gutted i didnt make it today, but with the rain maybe not a bad thing

my boy has had his eye glued up and still keen to go tomorrow so we'll be up early and look forward to meeting you guys.

ill be easy to spot im with an 11 year old with a black eye and plaster above his eye LOL

Am entering my C into the show and shine tomorrow. Would be good to catch up with some forum folks. Looking forward to meeting you all Sunday and no more fookin rain!

We have found ourselves a good pub in Olney tonight, one, for some good food and two, to get a break from the luvverly weather!

are we going to see it go down the strip then John?

Sadly we are not on the strip tomorrow, display only for now. Next month when we return we are planning to run it on the strip.

Will likely put mine in the S & S tomorrow too , looking forward to it :)

What time you going to be about? How about we get all the Corrados lined up at the S&S tomorrow? Should be possible. It's all very informal here.

Think I would be embarassed to put mine is S&S. Will stick it out of the way in the public car park I think!

Just arrived - put my embarrassing effort in day parking!! Walking round - will keep an eye out for others- cheers gareth

Good to meet you Gareth :) Wish I had bought some more layers though... It's bloody freezing!

Good to meet you too Jim - we watched the racing on the strip for an hour or so - just gone home to warm up!! Enjoy the rest of the day and I'll keep an eye out for the October meet.... Cheers Gareth

Nice to meet Stu175 & son today

along with the other chap with a lad (sorry didn't catch your name) and short chat to Jim , John , Troy and good to see Ben again after too long .

Well it wasn't the weekend I had planned as I didn't camp Saturday (gladly) ! due to the rain but I still enjoyed some drag strip action today with some awesome cars and the Jet car !!!

Does anyone know who won modded water cooled ?

My guess would be the caddy parked next to me ?

Only took 2 pics

Johns and mine

5e00c68fd18e311b1a14a3361c202150.jpg

a643def1cbc3c9d273fa74feb11d4afe.jpg

Would be amazing to seeing John's on the strip one day soon hopefully

8)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for not catching up with you again Darren! I sat trackside for a few hours and was so cold from the constant, relentless wind (and having not packed enough layers frankly), I just packed it in and went home!

No problem Jim , it was a bit cold . I'm really glad I bought a jacket as I nearly forgot it .

good to meet you too harrier car looked awesome :thumbleft:

we both enjoyed the day and aiden loved watching the strip there was some awesome cars.

ill post some pics once ive sorted through the 265 photos he took theres a few focused corrado pics in there LOL

Good to meet you Gareth :) Wish I had bought some more layers though... It's bloody freezing!

Santa pod is like Silverstone, big open space, wind blows right through it and on the best days very cold. Glad you had a good day despite being cold.

Yeah I used to go years and years ago to watch Run What You Brung - I guess I'd just forgotten how cold it gets :) Also made me realise I'd quite like to take one of my cars up the 1/4 mile having never done it before.

Yeah I used to go years and years ago to watch Run What You Brung - I guess I'd just forgotten how cold it gets :) Also made me realise I'd quite like to take one of my cars up the 1/4 mile having never done it before.

Forum RWYB day??

All back to normal now in the workshop. My Corrado packed away on her designate ramp, where the love continues.

It was great to meet up and catch up with all those who braved the late summer weather! Jim, Darren, Gareth, Stu, Ray, Neil Birkett.

We had an interesting weekend, I'm not sure if it extends to enjoyable . We had a massive amount of interest in my Corrado and from a business viewpoint it was a worthwhile effort. All being well we hope to return for the GTI Festival and run the Corrado on the raceway.

I'll sign of with Neil Birkett's photo taken of my Corrado. See you all very soon.

cc88071b38a55e22072921d32cb5cb7a.jpgd9e7bc47eb99d0c174dc41d2b53855e3.jpg855b271acde69db7da92e7ade9ac1f62.jpg

It was a shame about the wind and rain John , it's such a good show but good weather makes it more so. Would also be brilliant to see yours run down the strip some time 8)

Btw , do you know who won our class in the show & shine ?

Yes Bud, it was the dude with the Caddy. Well it was a show full of commercial vehicles after all

Car looked amazing, John :) Few more pics:

BzzXAmlh.jpg

gonMCSzh.jpg

lGCCV3Lh.jpg

iQFKbeWh.jpg