JAM11E

Corrado Respray Birmingham/Midlands area

Hi All,

I'm looking to get my Corrado resprayed in its original colour.

Does anyone have any recommendations for body shops in the Birmingham/midlands area?

Hi All,

I'm looking to get my Corrado resprayed in its original colour.

Does anyone have any recommendations for body shops in the Birmingham/midlands area?

hi m8

Tan has just had his blackberry done by a place in cannock

wendy had hers done by a place in cov - they take a very long time but apparently worth a look

i am going to go & see these guys as they are round the corner from me http://www.kestrelclassiccars.co.uk/

i also found a place in wolverhampton that says they guarantee their work

be interested to see what you find out as i have been burnt by poor bodyshop work previously & want to avoid it when i get the VR done

Hi Guys

I also would love to find a great place in the midlands that does a quality respray that doesn't charge a small fortune. The best of luck to you both, and keep us all updated on your findings.

Me too, I am also looking for a respray asap. I am willing to travel to get the right job for the right price! Need to get it done asap so any prompt response would be most appreciated! Thank you

I've just had mine done at Jacksons Coachworks in Loughbrough and the job is superb.. I well recommend them. The paint finish is like glass and they went above and beyond in what they did..

I've just had mine done at Jacksons Coachworks in Loughbrough and the job is superb.. I well recommend them. The paint finish is like glass and they went above and beyond in what they did..

great info - could you pls expand a little. eg full or partial respray? windows out or not? any rust repair? & cost if you dont mind divulging (or ball park) oh & time taken?

thanks

So it was a full respray with all the windows out, you need to budget for a new windscreen as its 50/50 that it will break getting it out, mine broke so £300 fitted saw a new one put back in. All the other Windows came out Ok but if your looking at a full windows out job then make sure you can get some replacements just in case.

I had all the doors,boot,bonnet taken off and all the door shuts etc were done along with the sun roof but I opted to leave the wings on as they were rust free of which I had already treated them internally with rust preventer/stone chip and waxoyl so I didn't see the point in removing them.

I brought as many new bits as I could such as door mirror gaskets,door rubbers, roof aerial etc so the rebuild would be as easy as possible and it proved to be well worth it.

Rust wise I was lucky other than a welding repair that was needed on the off side rear sill, it looked like the previous owners had neglected to repair some minor damage and the dreaded rot had set in. Luckerly the damaged area was only small and a patch was put in. The jobs that good you would never tell and where it went into the sill area where the stonechip is its in-noticible. I'm a little bit pickey and thought you would be able to see it but I was wrong it's a great job.

I've had the two seams on the rear panel above the rear bumper filled as they have always bugged me and I'm really pleased I did, it's just a shame VW couldn't do it in the factory but I suppose it's down to cost.

The job took a while to be honest about 3 months but I chose this myself as its a weekend car so not needed in the week plus it helps with the price as they do it around other insurance repairs where they have got a couple of hours here and there.

The end result is a top quality job which was £5000 all told. I would put some pictures up but I still can't get the hang of doing them but if you PM me I'll send you a couple over.

So it was a full respray with all the windows out, you need to budget for a new windscreen as its 50/50 that it will break getting it out, mine broke so £300 fitted saw a new one put back in. All the other Windows came out Ok but if your looking at a full windows out job then make sure you can get some replacements just in case.

I had all the doors,boot,bonnet taken off and all the door shuts etc were done along with the sun roof but I opted to leave the wings on as they were rust free of which I had already treated them internally with rust preventer/stone chip and waxoyl so I didn't see the point in removing them.

I brought as many new bits as I could such as door mirror gaskets,door rubbers, roof aerial etc so the rebuild would be as easy as possible and it proved to be well worth it.

Rust wise I was lucky other than a welding repair that was needed on the off side rear sill, it looked like the previous owners had neglected to repair some minor damage and the dreaded rot had set in. Luckerly the damaged area was only small and a patch was put in. The jobs that good you would never tell and where it went into the sill area where the stonechip is its in-noticible. I'm a little bit pickey and thought you would be able to see it but I was wrong it's a great job.

I've had the two seams on the rear panel above the rear bumper filled as they have always bugged me and I'm really pleased I did, it's just a shame VW couldn't do it in the factory but I suppose it's down to cost.

The job took a while to be honest about 3 months but I chose this myself as its a weekend car so not needed in the week plus it helps with the price as they do it around other insurance repairs where they have got a couple of hours here and there.

The end result is a top quality job which was £5000 all told. I would put some pictures up but I still can't get the hang of doing them but if you PM me I'll send you a couple over.

absolutely brilliant info, very much appreciated thanks John :)

i am considering about the same as what you have described & will add the place to the short list

i have pm'd my email address if you wouldnt mind sending me a couple of sample pics :)

Thanks John, sent them an email yesterday and am awaiting their response.

He's said he's had a couple of enquiries... There well worth a go... If your local feel free to come and have a look.

Did anyone get any work done by any of these body shops in the end? or can recommended a good one in the midlands?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, mort1414 said:

Did anyone get any work done by any of these body shops in the end? or can recommended a good one in the midlands?

Thanks 

i had my VR done at Alcester Car Care & the result was fantastic

unfortunately it took a much longer time than quoted, mainly due to the 1st covid lock down but also as it seems many body places always take a lot longer than they say - however it is quality of work that counts 🙂

I had a few quotes from the Cannock area but I ended up having it done at a place next to Stealth Racing as that's who they recommended. 

I was impressed with retro refinishers in Cannock though, I nearly went with those to be honest. 

PMH autobodies in Rugeley are very good and staff their own Corrado so know the cars well and how to dismantle them and make repairs to panels.