Jonny777

Front 288mm brake setup - VR6

Shame I have 312 set up.

I may also have a 288 set up in my mates unit inside the BlackBerry can check tuesday if you like

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Shame I have 312 set up.

I may also have a 288 set up in my mates unit inside the BlackBerry can check tuesday if you like

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Whats the difference with fitting the 312 as opposed to the 288? You have everything I need to do it? :D

I've got tons of wheels so that's not a problem. Haha. I know they don't fit under 15s. Pads and discs are easy, how much you after? Is there a thread with How To fit the brakes? Have searched and couldn't find anything!

Cheers for that Dox, probably a bit too much effort, looking for straight fit really.

If anyone happens to have a a 288mm set up I am still interested too! Ideally one that I could pick up Monday/Tuesday!

Hi Jonny - I'm in Worksop and have a set of 288 mm calipers with the carriers to fit and pad spring retainers. I have done this upgrade and am still running it. I can't remember why but I ended up with two sets. They are rusty as hell having been cleaned up once but left bare in the garage for about a year - The seals were all good and I'm fairly certain a good cleanup and possibly a service kit and they will be usable again. They were off someone on here via ebay and are Golf MK3 no clue what year from but I don't think it matters. Believe me they made a big difference to my braking but I did upgrade to Stainless braided pipes too.

Let me know if you are still looking and you can collect tomorrow if you are in a hurry. £40.00 The rust is free.

Get the discs on ebay. Not too expensive but don't buy too cheap.

Cheers

Angus

Hi Jonny, I can't help with the conversion but would question if it's worth it for 8mm larger discs. I recently went from 256mm to 280mm and there is a bit better bite to them, but it's only really noticed if pressing on a bit.

Having gone from 280mm standard to 288mm - admittedly with braided hoses too, I can say there is a big difference in stopping power. Its not so much the disk size difference as to the pad. Its in the region of 25% addional friction surface that makes the difference in this, and really does help. :thumbright:

Having gone from 280mm standard to 288mm - admittedly with braided hoses too, I can say there is a big difference in stopping power. Its not so much the disk size difference as to the pad. Its in the region of 25% addional friction surface that makes the difference in this, and really does help. :thumbright:

Then this may be of use well the callipers at least - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/288mm-VW-CORRADO-GOLF-CONVERSION-FRONT-REAR-BRAKE-CALIPERS-DRILLED-AND-SLOTTED-/172361850925?hash=item282191202d:g:nvIAAOSwFV9Xyaqd