wazza

Admiral Classic Car Insurance - a word of caution

So...

Don't be fooled by their amazing low price, especially if your car has any modifications.

I did a comparison through Confused.com and admiral came out at £185.90... fantastic I thought.

A quick call to Chris Knott confirmed they offer a good policy but attempt to make up the difference through their extras and how true they were! I stayed firm resisting all added extras until it came to modifications, there it went wrong. Despite confused taking all the details for modifications, admiral choose to ignore that and then charge extra for modifications. I ran out of energy attempting to argue my case, that its not my problem that they don't look at the data confused supplies and that they've already offered me a price based on that data. But hey, if they behave like that when you're just trying to take out a policy, what are they going to be like when you want to make a claim, or be represented by them?!

So, back to Chris Knott and they matched last year's premium. £115 more than admiral but at the end of the day, I feel reassured that Chris Knott will look after me, if the need ever arises.

Insurance will always be more than I would like to pay, but hey, it's a Corrado, not a Nissan Micra.

Waz

And yet, admiral were charging me £230/yr on the VR6 with modifications included. That's now dropping to about £120/yr on a classic policy as I'm going mutlicar.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I too tried to get a quote from Admiral this year.

Their Customer Service at the early stages put me off enough that I did not get as far as the price. !!

Young girl on the phone. Shame not really her fault, lack of training.

Stayed with Brentacre.

I'm always happy with HIC insurance, a couple of staff there own corrados and they seem to understand the situation better than most insurers who have never even heard of the car

Admiral - shysters... had 12 years without any claims when they took my money - then 2 small knocks inside 3 years and they wouldn't even quote.. will never use them again

Been with Adrian Flux for three years now, I seem to be the only one :scratch:

I'm with Adrian flux . It did jump up this year though. I got a cheaper quote and they matched it . It does annoy me how they can drop the price from the one they quoted though.

I'm with Adrian flux . It did jump up this year though. I got a cheaper quote and they matched it . It does annoy me how they can drop the price from the one they quoted though.

I've been with Flux for the past few years, I've seen this happen more often than not and they're always happy to match, I guess though its the same situation with all policies that they'll try and get you on the renewal, as most people don't bother to check and just go with it - easy money.

Amongst a couple others (who were crazy prices), they were the only people who would offer an insurance quote on my subaru powered baja beetle :lol: and that is on a classic policy, with breakdown, all mods declared, for £230! Before I did the engine swap I only paid £99...

Its easy to keep it all under one umbrella and they've always been helpful, I know some people have had difficulties but I've had those same issues with other insurers so its swings and roundabouts really.