coullstar

Mystic Storm

Here they are, getting sent today. Reckon I might redo the faces in a light grey like audi quartz grey or the usual BBS light gold as I reckon it will tie in with the orange indicators etc.

nice!

the look like RX2's but in a 3 piece - whats the size breakdown on them?

BBS LM 090, 7.5x17in et48, 5x100. I'll look into maybe reverse facing them if I think its legit. Many people have done it but I want to be sure myself. That will reduce et to around 36 so no need for spacers and deeper dish.

Great looking wheels, fantastic choice , gold centres always look well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I did put reps on my old 24v green one and really liked them but I knew it had to be the real deal this time.

Im really going to struggle on the colour though. I think there need to be a distinction between face and rim but I don't want to go to dark and loose the detail of the wheel. Then there centre caps, black and gold, black and silver, red and gold, red and silver, chrome.......ahhhhhh

Initial thought was a very light grey with red and silver caps with calipers done red to match. Ive already go carbon/silver caps and there obviously coming with black/silver.

Very nice mate, very nice indeed!

Looking forward to seeing them on the car.

Thanks, I did put reps on my old 24v green one and really liked them but I knew it had to be the real deal this time.

Im really going to struggle on the colour though. I think there need to be a distinction between face and rim but I don't want to go to dark and loose the detail of the wheel. Then there centre caps, black and gold, black and silver, red and gold, red and silver, chrome.......ahhhhhh

Initial thought was a very light grey with red and silver caps with calipers done red to match. Ive already go carbon/silver caps and there obviously coming with black/silver.

pls do let me know if the centre caps that come with them become redundant ;)

That would be perfect i'd say, the red caps will tie in with the Storm badges aswell :shades:

Not keen on gold centres, more of a Jap thing.

Here's a couple of photos of my Mk4 18t and my Audi TT to ponder.

Black LMs with polished lips, red and gold badges and gold bolts. (the genuine red and gold badges are an eye watering £180 a set from Phillip Walker MotorSports)

The other set are not LMs but they are very like them. They have been powder coated a light grey with hyper silver lips, red and gold badges and titanium bolts.

The LMs are probably my all time favourite wheel and will add a touch of class no matter what colour you do tthem.

P4060014.jpg

P7040003.jpg

Wheels arrived today. Still in the original finish which is still good so I'm going to leave them as they are.

There very light!

Great find looking forward to seeing them on, I suspect they need to be keepers

They will look superb....good choice....!!

I've just had some 17" BBS CH's refurbed so looking forward to getting them on next month..!!

Ive been on hols for a couple of weeks but a friend managed to get some tyres on them for me. Hoping to get them on this week.

Going to try with red centre caps first.

Trial fit last night. Wont clear the 288mm brakes without spacers and my 10mm don't fit. I think I'll try 15mm on the front as they will still sit further in that an 8in et35 wheel so should have any issues.

Went with red sticker caps to see if I like them. Note car is very dirty in the photo.

Trial fit last night. Wont clear the 288mm brakes without spacers and my 10mm don't fit. I think I'll try 15mm on the front as they will still sit further in that an 8in et35 wheel so should have any issues.

Went with red sticker caps to see if I like them. Note car is very dirty in the photo.

lovely wheels

i noticed a slight issue with my VR the other day having put 10mm spacers on the front to accommodate the 4 pots - such that with the tire now further out when i went a tiny bit too quick over a hump bridge i got a slight rub on the outer tire wall on the compression

the 2 finger gap i had set the KW's at is now reduced on the outer wall as the wing drops down

ive driven over it more slowly the following days without issue but am considering raising the front a little maybe

Yeah its trial and error with wheels and height, the beauty of having coils. Was it the actual arch or the liners that rubbed though. I can deal with slight liner rub but not metal arch rub.

Yeah its trial and error with wheels and height, the beauty of having coils. Was it the actual arch or the liners that rubbed though. I can deal with slight liner rub but not metal arch rub.

indeed it is

i didnt think about the out tire wall being poked out further prior to ordering the brakes - i just wanted big brakes which went under the 15" speedline lol

from what i could see it may have been a little of both

no damage to the wing edge or liner but a very slight score line around the circumference of the outer tire edge at the top of the tire (if you get what i mean)

it has only happened once & as i mentioned it was due to the weight shift on the downward of the hump - i dont think it would happen in normal circumstances but thought it would be worth a mention

no more stomach churning hops over humped bridges for me lol

Okay managed to get a quick trial on the front with 15mm spacers fitted which takes them to et33 so shouldn't have any issues. They sit spot on.

The wheels have a very small chamfer on the inside bore so its proving hard to find any spacers that work with them. Im opening up the chamfer to help with this so hopefully get all 4 wheels on over the weekend and give it a clean.

Okay managed to get a quick trial on the front with 15mm spacers fitted which takes them to et33 so shouldn't have any issues. They sit spot on.

The wheels have a very small chamfer on the inside bore so its proving hard to find any spacers that work with them. Im opening up the chamfer to help with this so hopefully get all 4 wheels on over the weekend and give it a clean.

nice - just watch out for humped backed bridges with the tire wall edge where it is (depending on how much gap from top of tire to bottom of wing of course)

after putting on the 10mm spacers to let my 4 pots fit under the speedline i got caught out the other day with the redistribution of the weight on the downside & had a slight rub

love the wheels & red stickers!!!

nice - just watch out for humped backed bridges

Ha ha... done that before chasing my mate in his corrado. Hit a hump back at 70 got a bit of air then landed on the sump... wasn't current corrado....

Ha ha... done that before chasing my mate in his corrado. Hit a hump back at 70 got a bit of air then landed on the sump... wasn't current corrado....

whoa air!! lol

fortunately i had slowed but not quite enough