Sign in to follow this  
Blair

Anyone know what these front lights are?

415747_88_full.jpg

Probably not to everyone's taste, but I think they update the front end beautifully...

BMW lights (forget the model).

A lot of work!

See cheesy's car in the Gallery for a similar setup.

Definitely not!

Involves ripping apart a at least a couple of sets of lights.

Ripping apart BMW parts I would enjoy.

Putting them back together competently in Corrado headlight shells? Perhaps not :)

I'll stand corrected :)

I just had it in the back of mind that the guy had hacked some BMW lights up. I'm 99% sure that Cheesy has done this for his.

If you think the front looks nicely updated, you should see the interior! Various modern components added, and really sweet reverse indigo dials, etc... a stunning example for sure! :)

It looks too busy for my liking. Besides, I don't think the HIDs (or was it the beams?) can be used due the front cover being made of perspex or something? It will heat up and warp, or worse, melt!

Thanks Dinkus for chiming in. The lights are indeed from an Audi A4. The beauty of using projectors as oppose to halogen like in the corrado is that it gives off very little heat. I can put my hand on the lens and barely feel the heat. I don't run highbeams because they're halogen and it would warp the plastic lens. But the xenon low beams are bright enough and give much more usable light then Corrado lights with HID. It's definitely one of the best mods I did in terms of being functional. You guys have euro lights but in north america they gave us basically 2 candles. The stock light is dangerously horrible. You can not even understand how bad they are. So i'm quite happy now driving at night.

I like em, credit to you zarman, i like it when people try things different, even better when they work out 8) .......not that id have the guts or cash to start choppin my C up and a pair of new audi lights, I bet they werent cheap to start with :lol:

Believe me, the stock lights over here are shockingly bad as well. Thats why one of the most popular and inexpensive mods over here is an uprated wiring loom which improves things soooo many times over.

Thanks RadoAds, the lights were sourced from Germany. Total parts costed about $1000 CDN. That's about the same if I were to buy eurolights with HID. But these work better.

If you guys remember hearing about the huge black out we had over here which affected the whole eastern US and Canada for several days, it was something. The whole city was in complete darkness, something i've never seen before. So i took out the car and went for a drive and the lights just flooded the street. It was so amazing. Sorry for the rambling. I thought it's a cool story to share.

Mine are whole BMW E36 replacement units. A little bit of modifying to get them in. not as har as u think.

does look damn good zarman. you'd just hope some muppet didn't drive into your front end though :(

Would do the mod myself but looks like a nightmare job - maybe one day

Not too mention comeing across a reasnobly priced set of A4 lights

Not too mention comeing across a reasnobly priced set of A4 lights

Reasonably priced doesn't seem to bother him that much ;) I'm sure you could get them off a scrapper for not tooo much money. You may even be able to get some pattern ones from GSF?

Edit: bugger me £98.75 + VAT from GSF...EACH!

You could always stick some Saxo lights on it, THEN it would look cheap...;)

:lol: nah, you want a bad ass headlight conversion with some sticky back plastic and 2 holes cut in it 8)

I *meant* that it makes the Corrado parts look cheap :p