MZpog

Am I crazy considering an Audi TT?

Had my Corrado for almost 3 years now and whilst I love it to bits, I keep feeling the lust for an early TT.

I've not driven one as yet but would be considering a 225 or the 3.2 if any and wonder how it'll compare.

Anyone had any experience with TT's?

Nice cars, but lacking in power My ED30 eats them for breakfast :)

Now is the time to buy i think, just make sure you get a good one, as there are still enough around with low mileage etc.

Edited by Dogma

I bought this 65,000 mile 225 earlier this year & really like it! Different power delivery to a VR6 & feels really planted on the road & much better to drive than a lot would have you believe. Few niggles to sort out, thermostat, duff CD player & ARB bushes. Great build quality & only now am I beginning to think they look nice. Didn't like them when they were newer! I also think, & it's just my personal opinion, that the MK1 Audi TT is going to be a bit sought after in the future.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84893[/ATTACH]

I've got a 225 That I use daily. It was ok when I first bought it with very good history and a very reliable car. I felt it needed a bit more so have BC Racing coilovers, different bushes, Brembo brakes, remapped with oversize TIP and a few other bits I've done along the way. It's great to live with daily, handles, is comfortable, puts up with lots of abuse, has no worries with Edition 30 Golfs . My advice would be to drive some but make sure it has good history and important items kept up like the Haldex oil and filter changes

A83EEE8C-19E1-45F4-B5F9-694BA091F69F.jpg

Edited by odub

Always wanted a TT... don't think you are crazy at all. Only real complaint I hear about them is numb steering with no road feedback.. but then that's a complaint that's been fired at Audi's for years now!

I quite like the TT as well.... But I'm a crazy fool so read into that what you will

I've got a 225 as a daily, and apart from the known coil pack problems it's been absolutely spot on. I've changed the cam belt, suspension, brakes etc but I'm sure we've all done that to the Corrado. As odub says make sure it's got decent history or proof of servicing and things like the Haldex oil change and cam belt done and you should be ok. Also a remap transforms the car!!! Can't think of anything with a better interior or more quality feel for the money, they are still underrated.

very underated cars, mainly due to clarckson and hairdresser jibes, Transform the poor standard handling with cookbot/defcon style bush inserts in the front wishbones, suspension refresh, rear arb replace with Golf 4 motion to lose understeer, Good remap and 80mm Tip, good for 270 brake, oil pump pick up pipe needs replacing to cure sludge build up, very quick and great handling cars with these mods, and cheap at the moment

Well I looked at 2, but bought none (one nice/one was a dog). Despite having to cut the child's feet off, I could probably live with one. The only problem I have is I'd have to sell the Corrado.