67davy

Hello from Lanarkshire

Hello everyone.

I recently picked up a 91 2.0 16v as a project after selling on my 92 mk2 GTI which I brought back to life slowly over a couple of years, been into my dubs for many years mostly mk1 & mk2 GTI's, so this is my first Corrado.

Bought the Corrado as a rolling shell with the engine removed, and after going through all the boxes of bits that came with the car, I think its about 95% there, Been underneath it and its absolutely solid, even the inner arches and inner wings are mostly rust free. Got the rear beam of for refurbishment at the moment, rebuild and refit over the xmas break with all new parts other than the beam itself.

The engines not turned for about 5 years, but I've had a check and it all looks good internally, my only concern is the K-jet system, but it had been removed and dry stored at the same time the engine was removed, so fingers crossed.

I'll take some progress picks over the break and get them posted in a couple of weeks.

Anywho, have a great Christmas and a Corrado new year....:reindeer::x-mas::reindeer::x-mas:

Cheers

Davy

Welcome and good luck :thumbleft:

And remember, it's OK to get angry/frustrated. It's the natural state of a Corrado owner