robrado974

Chassis leaking water.

Morning chaps .

If you jacked your car up after 3 months or so , does anyone else have water dripping from the subframe bolts ?. I know you have drain holes underneath but it's a bit worrying knowing it cant get out unless the car is at an angle .

I think it collects in the chassis legs where rain gets in behind the front bumper Rob. I agree it can be a bit worrying to think of all that water just sitting there though. Did you not buy a cover in the end?

I had exactly the same with mine. Bloody thing caused me to panic.

And I can't say it still doesn't do it, it's just on 4 wheels and in a garage, so I can't check !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies chaps .

I did buy a cover Sean . This only happens when jacking up the front end , so yes it must be from driving in the rain .

Rob, don't suppose you fancy doing a water test on it. Get some coloured dye mixed with water and see if you can replicate it. I wish I had thought about it earlier when mine was doing it. My bonnet was off but i did have a plastic sheet covering the engine area so never did work out where it was from. . Guess I had forgotten about it and carried on with the other 1000 jobs that need doing on it .

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would have thought it comes from driving in the wet mate . It shoots into the drain holes underneath. Some of it comes out , the rest just sits there. I would do a test but the car is in bits ATM .