Tabbi

VR6 ABS Code Flashing

Hi guys, im sure it has been covered on here somewhere but i was wondering whether it is possible to flash ABS codes on a VR6 without a scanner??

It has the OBD2 style plug.

Not really. You can check resistance of the sensors to see if they're at fault. Here is a guide for a Mk3 Golf I did, but its exactly the same on the Corrado. You can check them at the the connectors on the suspension turrets at the front and under the rear seats for the rear sensors rather than take the wheels off. http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=204972.0

I'm sure its possible to check other components of the system with a multimeter, but I don't know what measurements you should expect to see.

Generally its sensors at fault, but quite often the pump is on its way out now with the age of the car, with inlet/outlet valves becoming gummed up and stuck.

To be honest you can get generic code readers for not many quid, and for something easier to use also try the OBDeleven - a Bluetooth VW-specific OBD dongle. Works with an app on your smartphone. It works on my VR6 no issues, despite it not really being an OBD interface (just an OBD socket).