oneohtwo

Carbon Bonnets

Got a bit of loose change to spend on the rado and was wondering what people's experiences with carbon bonnets were like?

I am most likely going to spend the money on some Bilstein B12s but the carbon bonnet has always piqued my interest. Would like to get the most out of the ageing VR6 lump and figured saving weight was probably the best way forward and the bonnet seems a good start. Is there a noticeable difference in terms of performance and handling?

I suspect for the price it's more of a luxury item that isn't going to make much difference unless you start losing weight all over, and perhaps money is better spent elsewhere but would be good to know. Does seem a fairly popular item but can't find characteristics, if someone who owns one could comment?

I think LWS (http://www.lwsdesign.co.uk/index.php) are the main folks to speak to for a carbon bonnet.

I have to say I would be astonished if they didn't help somewhat on the weight front. Having lifted my own Corrado bonnet many times, and then lifted a carbon one, the weight difference is astonishing. You can literally lift it with your little finger! I think in isolation however it would be nothing more than a novelty really (unless you went to town and made it part of a package of weight reduction) but still a pretty cool item to have regardless :)

In terms of handling and power I don't think it would be night and day, certainly not to a point where you'd start taking on porsche's and ferrari's (unless your in a VRT of course) but the bonnet weighs a ridiculous amount so probably like not having a passenger in

I wouldn't even go that far. The bonnet can't be much more than around 20 Kg, so I don't think you'll notice any difference what so ever in isolation.

LWS kit is very well made and it's a great fit.

There is no notable performance difference but every little helps especially if you have extras under the bonnet adding weight ;)

LWS kit is very well made and it's a great fit.

There is no notable performance difference but every little helps especially if you have extras under the bonnet adding weight ;)

Did you use the oem fasteners or go for bonnet pins?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ta. Had a supicioun it might be the case that it'd need to be a full on diet to really notice the difference.

Would be a cool thing but might put that on the back burner until I can afford a full package of body panels (!) and get the B12s. Probably more pressing matters that need attention... as always.