Adammcc34

Rotten front panal

Does any one have a drawing showing the body Panels?

I have started to strip my g60 project and found the panal that supports the power steering pipes has almost rotten away.

So I'm looking at getting a new one. But I don't know what the panel is called. Any help would be great.

Not sure of the proper name , but most of us know it as the radiator support panel .

Thanks. Looks like I will have to hunt one down.

I've never looked in classic parts , you may be lucky ?. I got one off a mate, which was in great condition and painted it myself.

I've never looked in classic parts , you may be lucky ?. I got one off a mate, which was in great condition and painted it myself.

I saw a photo off yours. Am right in thinking it's attached to the subframe?

Yes that's correct. So the front frame is removed to get to the panel . So it's not part of it , they are separate.

Oh ok. Is it worth getting a solid engine mount?

Personally I've never seen the point of them. You get far more engine vibration into the cabin, and you're just transmitting the vibrations that the softer front mount would normally absorb, elsewhere along the front end.. so you'll wear out bushings elsewhere quicker.

An uprated mount such as a vibratechnics is often regarded as a good upgrade, but would avoid a solid mount. But ultimately it's your car / your preference :)

Personally I've never seen the point of them. You get far more engine vibration into the cabin, and you're just transmitting the vibrations that the softer front mount would normally absorb, elsewhere along the front end.. so you'll wear out bushings elsewhere quicker.

An uprated mount such as a vibratechnics is often regarded as a good upgrade, but would avoid a solid mount. But ultimately it's your car / your preference :)

I was just thinking as I'm planing a stainless manifold later on.

I have the panel you're after. This is for a 16v but i'm fairly sure they are the same part. PM me if you want to know more

I need one too... jacked my VR up at the weekend and its completely disitigrated.... mind you it has been stood for 3+ years