Narrdo

G60 or VR6T

Started a thread about 9A and ABF.

Think in the end would be an ABF for turbo just wanted more opinions

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44298-G60-Vs-VR6/page3

So,

Say I wanted to aim for 350bhp reliable power, not a daily driven car.

G60 remove engine and convert to a 1.8T BAM, newer technology etc

VR6 and covert to a VR6T, the sound gets me.

What's people's opinions?

Edited by Narrdo

Wish I could help mate but I seriously don't know. . I had an Edition 30 GTI and loved the power from it. But as a modern car with all its electronics I still struggled to get the power down straight away.

I've never seen a Corrado with that sort of power. Be nice to achieve making something like that, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a car with that power already.

Although not as much as fun

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It doesn't need to be a G60, any narrow track (4 stud) will do. You'll need a lot of modification even from a BAM to achieve 350 too. I think about 285 - 300 is the limit without internal work, so not much saving from a VRT.

Wish I could help mate but I seriously don't know. . I had an Edition 30 GTI and loved the power from it. But as a modern car with all its electronics I still struggled to get the power down straight away.

I've never seen a Corrado with that sort of power. Be nice to achieve making something like that, but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a car with that power already.

Although not as much as fun

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well I guess 350 is a little over the top but you've got to have goals haven't you, image is to have it as a long term project

It doesn't need to be a G60, any narrow track (4 stud) will do. You'll need a lot of modification even from a BAM to achieve 350 too. I think about 285 - 300 is the limit without internal work, so not much saving from a VRT.

Yeah ive been researching as we know they hit there last legs around 300-350 so it would do the job, Id personally uprate internals anyway. Itll probably be cheaper to get an AUG 170, Forge it then itll take whatever I put down it haha.

Anyone running a BAM/AUG in a VR6 Shell

You'd need to uprate the turbo from an AUG. The K03s is a smaller Turbo than the K04 used in the BAM (and the other 225bhp stock cars), so if you're aiming high to start with, better to get something originally designed for higher output as I very much doubt the K03s would be capable.

You'd need to uprate the turbo from an AUG. The K03s is a smaller Turbo than the K04 used in the BAM (and the other 225bhp stock cars), so if you're aiming high to start with, better to get something originally designed for higher output as I very much doubt the K03s would be capable.

Yeah I feel id end up uprating the turbo anyway, Its just getting hold of a BAM at a good price. Think BAM can take just over 300 standard which would be spot on

Just remember to budget in for turbo manifold, oil lines, coolant lines etc too if choosing a K03 turbo engine and planning to go to K04.

The Jabbasport IHI turbo conversion used to hit 320/330bhp on a BAM - no mention of it on their site anymore but I'm sure if you called Mike he would help.