spen

Heated seat relays

Mounted on the rear inside wheel arch behind the rear card, making such a racket, think they are heated seat relays, can you still get these? Or a descent replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do a search on this Spen . There was something about this recently. I can't remember, but it was to do with the relays.

I've been testing different replacement heated seat base options at the moment. ... what I have found is that the VW relays are normally very reliably and if nothing is working:-

If The thermistor in the back of the pad is faulty/broken wire then the relay doesn't get the signal to close. .

Or a broken connection on the heating element can cause intermittent working to nothing at all. Using an ohm meter to test the element is a quick check

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

good luck in your hunt, i have had a little a few times over the years but no joy

the drivers side relay sometimes does the 'buzz' but it is intermittent.

in fact, when i first brought the VR the drivers relay played up quite a lot but passenger was ok. i did swap the drivers & passenger ones round & found that the issue persisted.

i have no clue why but it stopped buzzing one day when i tried it & so i left the dial in the max position. it kept working for a long while & only very occasionally now plays up

ive not done any more investigations though but was considering checking the seat element & connections when i refurb the seats with glytone stuff

i know that they guy who ran rayne automotive did sell replacement looms with relays at one point but he was a dead end when i contacted him to ask about the relays

Stevens the VW breaker had one listed on their site the other day whilst I was browsing. Wasn't ridiculous money. ..ish

Stevens the VW breaker had one listed on their site the other day whilst I was browsing. Wasn't ridiculous money. ..ish

good info thanks

i am thinking along the lines of your previous post, in that the buzzing is not due to a relay fault but an intermittent supply of power causing it to constantly flick the relay between on & off

FYI i did try a new dash switch & that didnt fix it

both my rados' seem to heal themselves with some things - EG the VR driver relay started to behave & then last week the rear screen heated function started to work on the valver....which it had never done since buying it back lol