jamiehamy

A makeover!

Hi all,

I've not been on here much for a while as we are building a house (literally) at the moment. That has meant the old lady has been sadly neglected.

There is a local company has detailed some cars for me (not cheap) and I had joked that he'd never be able to do anything with my pink Corrado.

17 hours of work later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85304[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85305[/ATTACH]

We've discussed how long it will last and agreed a programme over work every 3 months that should keep on top of it. He is using a product with good UV protect properties. I'm not ready for a restoration yet, still using to much - once build it complete it'll be getting a rest - probably.

Looks great! Nothing a good cut and polish with a good layer of protection shouldn't sort out though. 3 Months is pretty regular. A good wax/sealant should keep on top of it if you do it yourself though. Some very good products on the market and a couple of hours dedicated to cleaning and detailing the car every month or 2 should see you in good stead. Winter months take their toll, but summer (although aid the fading process of paint) should give you the opportunity to protect it. The wax/sealant acts as a sacrificial layer so provided its applied regularly, you should be able to keep that deep red shine without much bother! :thumbleft:

Looks good. Do you know what products he used.

He did tell me but I forgot! I'll find out and let you know. I know he's been on to the distributor to find out what sort of UV properties it has as we're worried about fade.

He posted a pic on his facebook page this morning - wee plug for the forum! It's amazing how much interest it has generated on his facebook page - far more than Porsches or the like :)

Agreed. Excellent results! Kinda surprised though as I thought Flash Red should have clearcoat on.. not sure I've ever seen another one fade this way before? I know Tornado Red was kinda famous for it, but not Flash.

Either way, car is looking great!

Agreed. Excellent results! Kinda surprised though as I thought Flash Red should have clearcoat on.. not sure I've ever seen another one fade this way before? I know Tornado Red was kinda famous for it, but not Flash.

Either way, car is looking great!

It's a fair point @Jim - the lacquer is peeling from the front wings suggesting they had been painted before. Gee aid there is no lacquer coat on the rest of the car, it's part of the paint. Sorry I don't know the technical terms but yes, odd!