VR-Sixy

Driver side Seat

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! The bloody driver-side sear handle snapped off this morning. Is there any way these things can be stuck/welded/whatever back

on? Just seems to be one thing after another at the moment....... patada!!

LOLZ. On a plus side, i've just noticed that the central locking on the passenger side door has started working again, all by itself!!

Swings and roundabouts........... :)

LOLZ. On a plus side, i've just noticed that the central locking on the passenger side door has started working again, all by itself!!

Swings and roundabouts........... :)

ha ha you gotta love the self heailing of some of these rado's!!

my valver's heated rear screen started working the other week, having not worked since i brought it back lol

ha ha you gotta love the self heailing of some of these rado's!!

my valver's heated rear screen started working the other week, having not worked since i brought it back lol

mine is f$%&ed as well.......

ahh poop - give it a while & it might come back, mine did but took 2 years ;)
Ya never know!! What about the seat handle? Can these things be repaired in any way?

Ya never know!! What about the seat handle? Can these things be repaired in any way?

is it the handle to tilt the top half of the seat forward or the one that tilts the base down?

is it the handle to tilt the top half of the seat forward or the one that tilts the base down?
Yes - that's the one. Handle snapped clean off!

If the centre it of plastic isn't damaged, and if you have the little metal tension clip still on place, it should just push back on with a small amount of force

Mine snapped a few weeks ago,they tend to go across the hole where the clip goes in,

The only "real" way to do it is remove the seat covering and fabricate a new metal lever ! Or get another seat back and swap over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the centre it of plastic isn't damaged, and if you have the little metal tension clip still on place, it should just push back on with a small amount of force
Hello Sean, it's the metal that's actually broken - somehow?? :scratch: There's a small metal piece left within the plastic surround itself and the rest of it is on the carpet!! LOL. Not sure if this can be stripped down and re-jigged somehow?

How I bodged mine for now was I flattened a metal tube on one end.until it just fitted over the remaining metal lever.I drilled a hole in the tube,Then welded the tube to the lever through the hole.Then put a piece of heat shrink on it.

0544e2e2bbddf31330ce605a4936cd37.jpg

I will do a proper repair,but needed the seat to fold forward for the MOT !

(Passed Tuesday)

That looks to be a possibility DG.... nice (albeit temporary) fix. Will give that a try myself although i don't have any welding gear. Hopefully some extra strong Araldite will do the trick. Thanks. Appreciate your reply!

Oh right, I didn't realise it was that bad! It'll be a full strip down of the seat then I imagine. I'm sure you could fabricate something out of alloy or steel though. I didnt pay any attention to it when I had my seat stripped down I'm afraid