ssaunders

Quaife 6 speed gearkit for 02A\J

Hi All, I'm going 02M in my Corrado so selling the quaife gear kit. Link is here https://shop.quaife.co.uk/quaife-vag-6-speed-synchromesh-gearkit

It fits 02a and j, so most mk3 golfs/Jetta/corrado and some mk4's. It has been stripped from the old box where the diff had gone and is located at my gearbox builders GasNGears in Wales. It needs case, diff and new owner.

£1200 ono

Cheers

Steve[ATTACH=CONFIG]85402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85404[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85405[/ATTACH]

That looks are real bargain for someone,does it come with any instructions as the link states a slight mod needed on the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, good call. I will contact quiafe and see if they can send me a copy. I will also ask the box builder if he knows. From what I recall it's something to do with an oilway at the fifth gear end.

Cheers

S

Nice, how does this compare to the old Gemini kit that was going around?

no idea im afraid. i think the Gemini stuff is NLA now?

here are the docs i got from Quaife.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85424[/ATTACH]

cheers

steve

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's required with gear linkages n'that?

*ah, ignore that one. Didn't notice the gubbins in the pic

Very interested.

Edited by Hisnibs

Afaik it all happens inside the box, all the linkages are the same on top, you just get an extra selectable gear.

S

Sorry just seen your edit.

If for any reason your current sale falls through, please let me know and I will take this at full the asking price...been after one of these kits for years and I have the Quaife ATB diff in my current 02A gearbox already so would love to get it re-built as a 6 speed (transforms the power delivery of the VR6 imho).

Sooooo annoyed I've not checked the forum for a few days and only just seen this now! Doh!!!

Hi All, I'm going 02M in my Corrado so selling the quaife gear kit. Link is here https://shop.quaife.co.uk/quaife-vag-6-speed-synchromesh-gearkit

It fits 02a and j, so most mk3 golfs/Jetta/corrado and some mk4's. It has been stripped from the old box where the diff had gone and is located at my gearbox builders GasNGears in Wales. It needs case, diff and new owner.

£1200 ono

Cheers

Steve[ATTACH=CONFIG]85402[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85403[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85404[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85405[/ATTACH]

If for any reason your current sale falls through, please let me know and I will take this at full the asking price...been after one of these kits for years and I have the Quaife ATB diff in my current 02A gearbox already so would love to get it re-built as a 6 speed (transforms the power delivery of the VR6 imho).

Sooooo annoyed I've not checked the forum for a few days and only just seen this now! Doh!!!

Check out Gemini on Facebook or online. They have Ltd stock of their 6 speed kit available

Thanks VAG-Hag, I remember years ago there were a few group buys on club GTI for these....do you have any weblinks for these please as I'm struggling to find their FB page or website?

Check out Gemini on Facebook or online. They have Ltd stock of their 6 speed kit available