Jim Bowen

Mystery part, where does it go?

20170321_205218.jpg

Found it in my box of parts, normally quite good at this game, but can't remember this bit, i imagine it fell off rather than me removing it.

Strange request Jim, I don't suppose you could draw a template or something of it... mine has already had them deleted, so I'm looking to try and create them. Hmm !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

:lol: i thought the car felt faster, must have been the unintentional parcel shelf dampener delete

Race Car!

I've lost both of mine Unfortunatly

It's amusing which bits end up being a bit 'grail' on the Corrado and this seems to be one of them. This piece has long since dissolved away on a lot of cars, and I've lost count of the amount of threads of people looking for these over the years! Really need to get some reproductions made up.

It's amusing which bits end up being a bit 'grail' on the Corrado and this seems to be one of them. This piece has long since dissolved away on a lot of cars, and I've lost count of the amount of threads of people looking for these over the years! Really need to get some reproductions made up.

is it obsolete then jim

Been out this evening in garage and looked at the boot trim. I seem to have two similar bits stuck on to stop parcel shelf rattling.

They are a similar shape to the pic i posted, but the ones on tailgate don't have the speed hole.

I have a feeling it may be from dash somewhere?

Under the bonnet mate, on the edge I think, near where the strut top circle bit.....I'm away to look in the garage

Found this pic on google

D65D3C19-B696-4121-BA4F-0CB9E25FA42D.jpg

You can see them on each side :)

Edited by easypops

Those parts on the wing are rubber. The parts on the bonnet are foam and don't have a hole but come with a rigid plastic part for fitting. .... I've just replaced mine so don't think it's those. I could be wrong

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This could be the answer to the squeaky noise in the boot that I have. Just one of those parts that seem to get lost somehow.

This could be the answer to the squeaky noise in the boot that I have. Just one of those parts that seem to get lost somehow.

Rob just looked st my car this part is not any part of the boot or bonnnet.

Ok, just went out to see if they are on my 16v, can't check any of the VR's as I'm at work.

One on the drivers side of the bonnet is still there and it 100% has a hole which the plastic clip is through. It might not be the bit Jim is looking for, hard to tell without holding it against the one in situ

89994829-D836-461C-8050-569C091EDC3A.jpg

Hole

BF79AD2D-F001-4D16-9A6F-C3979AEE5354.jpg

Nah, i renewed them on mine so know its not them. Cheers for looking though mate.

Ah, no worries mate, back to looking I guess :)

I am stumped :lol:

It was in a box with the fusebox cover and the drivers side under dash shelf trim, may not be related though. I might have to start looking through all the parts diagrams to see if i can spot it.