VR6 Lee

Classic car policy

On a classic policy can I have two classic cars on one policy? Looking at a old mercedes and wondered if its possible

I have 3 on my policy with RH Insurance, Corrado is £157, BMW 635CSi comes in at £143 and the old Polo is just £93. Will be adding a classic Beetle to that soon.

I have 3 on my policy with RH Insurance, Corrado is £157, BMW 635CSi comes in at £143 and the old Polo is just £93. Will be adding a classic Beetle to that soon.

I've got a car with them,but it's not insured for commuting,I don't get no claims either,are you the same ?

You certainly can have a multi car classic policy. Usual stuff applies such as limited mileage, garaged & agreed value, photographs etc. for each one.

I used Haggerty this year & found them good to deal with.

635CSi - very nice indeed!

do you mind me asking what year?

my uncle has an old 3.0CS with the original number plate of BMW309L - it needs restoring but what a shape

I don't get no claims either

that is what one of the insurers told me when getting quotes for the valver recently, yet it is currently on a classic policy with HIC & i get NCB

sometimes i think they just make the rules as they go as another company told me the valver wasnt on their classic list - go figure

Some do, but only if you remain with them. It doesn't transfer over to another company. Some also offer to mirror your NCB on your first car (if its a second car).

In all honesty, it doesn't seem to make much difference regardless. I've consistenly been quoted around the £200 mark for a classic policy with agreed value. That obviously depends on their own made up risks etc and your postcode.

So who are the best to approach as I might be doing this with mine soon?

I was with Footman James a few years back.

Beemer is one of the last 635's made in March1989 and registered later that year. Had it many years now although I don't use it that often. Lovely thing to just waft around in though.

Insured the Beetle yesterday with RH, just £64 for the year :-)