agb1980

This just happened...

So my options are weld up the hole, refit driveshaft and hope no ali in the diff case. Or replace diff case at much higher cost and inconvenience. I think for someone with the ability they could solve this problem simply. Im not sure i can warrant paying a garage to do it, or paying for an engineers official report and potentially not getting a small claims result..

Before making final decision on the car just wanted some opinions on selling as is. Car is mystic blue storm, 151000 miles. bodywork is average condition. Just had matrix done, all electrics work, bba reman abs pump fitted. Engine runs great, fans work all stages. Has oil leak but i believe is small as doesn't lose oil. I have used as daily for 3 yrs without issue 20 miles a day up and down A1. Have all receipts since car registered, 3 former owners. Totally unmodified, standard car. Will get pics up tomoz before making classified add. My guess is worth around £2500 without this issue. Am thinking £1500 including spares, full rosstech software, original storm badges with case etc. Other option stick it on ebay and see what happens. Appreciate your opinions...

JB weld over the hole and run it (check oil level), if the lump gets into the gears its quite soft and will mash up to dust, do 1K miles then drain the oil, if worst come to the worst a used gearbox is £150.

I'm sure someone will snap your hand off for a storm at £1500..........

Whereabouts are you if you're serious?

I've had a look again at the hole, most likely the shard of missing case is on the road somewhere - large scrape on the outside and a tiny hole not big enough for the shard to get inside.

Chin up pal :)

Great news to a bad situation. Well persevered

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk