robrado974

No main beam .

Ok so i changed my headlights back to the later style which should be on my car . I went for an mot today and i know i should have checked the easy bits before hand but i didnt . My mate rang me this morning with a cancellation so i jumped in the car and left it with him . It failed on clear repeaters which have been on for the past 10 years !. also i have no main beam , ive checked the wiring to the lights from the up rated loom , this looks right , although i will check again in better light tomorrow . The three inline fuses are intact . The bulbs on the main beam are fine . I suppose the three relays will have to be checked , i have no idea how to test them though .Maybe there is a problem with the lights ?. Everything worked on the old set . Any input will be appreciated chaps .

Rob

Hi Rob. The 3 relays are the same try swopping them round see if it changes anything.

Also maybe worth plugging original loom directly into headlights bypassing the uprated loom to check if the problem is with existing loom and nothing to do with uprated loom.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you have a multi meter, i would turn the lights on and check the wiring at headlight plug to see if you have power there. Just stick black one on the earth and then try positive on the other three. One should have power.

Thanks chaps I will take a look , I'm also going to connect up the other lights , to see if they work .

My uprated loom did this. As stu said, plug the original loom back in and if it all works you'll probably need some new relays.

If you have 3 identical relays just swap them around and retest