Sign in to follow this  
gibber

What is this bit?

Well I know what it is, the one-way valve to the charcoal filter for the tank breather, but where is the best place to get a new one? ford?

anyone know the part number?

and which way does it go?

Is that from a Golf or Corrado? Looks like something an OBD2 Golf VR would have as my Corrado VR hasn't got one of those on it.

It was between the TB and the valve for the charcoal canister.

is it needed?

The charcoal canister has been relocated to under the passanger wing.

Corrados just have a frequency valve (which takes care of throttling return flow by default) on the charcoal canister's output hose, so no, you don't need that. I would guess a previous owner stuck that NR valve in your hose as Corrados don't have it as standard.

Which way does the flow go thouth that line?

It is vacume? could it be there because my car is FI?

I would guess a previous owner stuck that NR valve in your hose as Corrados don't have it as standard.

Could be a Corrado that's had a Golf VR engine transplant?

used to have something similar sitting behind where the air box should be and this also was attached to the charcoal canister, but i got rid of the canister therefore all the pipes went with it!

Which way does the flow go thouth that line?

It is vacume? could it be there because my car is FI?

You want the arrow on the valve pointing at the throttle body and yep, it's vacuum. The frequency valve starts pulsing once the lambda probe has warmed up, and then hydrocarbons are drawn out of the canister by inlet vacuum.

If you car is Forced Induction, there may have been a reason for putting that on but the the frequency valve is one way anyway. Unless the NR valve is there to protect excessive pressure wrecking the frequency valve?

Yes the car is forced induction, I came to the same conclusion last nite, that it is there to protect the frequecy valve from the pressure.

I think it is a standard car part, similar to the one used on the brake servo vac pipe.

Shouldnt be hard to source one.

Think I need to move it away from engine hoist bracket that heats up due to the manifold.

Thankyou for the help!