Daveproyoyoyo

Leaky PCV valve

Hi Everyone,

So I noticed smoke billowing from my bonnet on the first runs the car has done after being stood for the best part of a year. Oil was leaking on to the exhaust heat shield from various points, the inlet elbow at the small pipe that connect to the grey sensor, the grey sensor itself on both sides, and the pipe coming off the back on the PCV valve.

1) After removing the inlet elbow I noticed lots of small cracks on the ridged flexible part so I probably need a new elbow. I've seen aluminium ones for sale, are these worth it?

2) I assume the rubber has perished on the little grey sensor, do I just replace the rubber or do I need a whole new sensor?

3) I didn't appear to be having any issues with the PCV valve itself but the rubber was so brittle it tore apart. I remember ages ago reading something about a Ford Galaxy replacement instead but can't find the thread for the life of me. Does anyone know if my memory right or not? A part number would be great.

[ATTACH]88076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]88073[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sensor is just a blank mate. Was something to do with emission control for the US market iirc, so probably just the pipe brittle and broken again mate

Hi Everyone,

So I noticed smoke billowing from my bonnet on the first runs the car has done after being stood for the best part of a year. Oil was leaking on to the exhaust heat shield from various points, the inlet elbow at the small pipe that connect to the grey sensor, the grey sensor itself on both sides, and the pipe coming off the back on the PCV valve.

1) After removing the inlet elbow I noticed lots of small cracks on the ridged flexible part so I probably need a new elbow. I've seen aluminium ones for sale, are these worth it?

2) I assume the rubber has perished on the little grey sensor, do I just replace the rubber or do I need a whole new sensor?

3) I didn't appear to be having any issues with the PCV valve itself but the rubber was so brittle it tore apart. I remember ages ago reading something about a Ford Galaxy replacement instead but can't find the thread for the life of me. Does anyone know if my memory right or not? A part number would be great.

[ATTACH]88076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]88073[/ATTACH]

hi Dave

sorry i didnt see your post yesterday - did you put it on FB as well as ive posted the info to someone there this morning

the info was on my build thread, copy here for you "looking at the ford invoice it shows 7364573 & was £32.50+vat"

that price was from 2009

Okay so I need to order a new PCV valve which I will do on Monday but from what I can tell, it won't come with this plastic pipe which has cracked. Is there a better option than this? If not, does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get it.

[ATTACH]88118[/ATTACH]

Okay so I need to order a new PCV valve which I will do on Monday but from what I can tell, it won't come with this plastic pipe which has cracked. Is there a better option than this? If not, does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get it.

[ATTACH]88118[/ATTACH]

ford sell the PCV valve on its own, which was the part number i had posted for you

VW sell the PCV attached to a chunk of pipe work, go to your local dealer & they can check if the pipe you need is part of their kit