Shaun.worm

Sunroof doesnt full open

Just seen a post in here about sunroofs not working

As it turns out, mine opens upwards but does not open fully

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks

Crikey, do a search on here mate. Tons of information. Usually the left hand slider broken..... beyond obsolete.

Good luck with this one.

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Crikey, do a search on here mate. Tons of information. Usually the left hand slider broken..... beyond obsolete.

Good luck with this one.

Cressa

Thanks for the reply mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will happen to every Corrado... just a matter of time. Mine is the same for the past 4 or 5 years. I've just got used to it tilting only

Oh and before I forget... don't be tempted to keep trying as you will also scrape a couple of lines into the sunroof paintwork! You have been warned! :-)

Edited by dan

Same thing happened to me. I just purchased a used assy from a Passat.I think it was out of a B2. Bolts right in and you transfer original motor to Passat sun roof assy

Same thing happened to me. I just purchased a used assy from a Passat.I think it was out of a B2. Bolts right in and you transfer original motor to Passat sun roof assy

I’ll look into this mate

Nice one

They are repairable... if its not already broken don't force it, whip it out, headlining down and about 10 bolts, easy.

Take a look at the part where the cable connects and see if its snapped, if it hasn't it will more than likely be the hammers dropping to low into a small cut in the frame that stops the thing sliding back into place... replace the small rubber bands on the end of the hammers with a suitable o-ring or similar.. then a small slither of plastic to stop the hammers dropping so low and locking...

I spent ages pulling sunroofs apart but stoooopid photobucket removed all my pictures :(

That’s awesome advice mate

Really appreciate it!

It opens up

If you try to go fully open, it drops down and stops

I’ll take the lining down 🤙🏽

No worries... drop me a line if you get stuck... but it's definitely a sunroof out job... I did also look at the Passat option, problem is they're pretty thin on the ground as well now and every breakers I called said they hadn't seen one in years.. thankfully MZpog came to the rescue with a broken mechanism that had just the right still functional parts on it to enable me to build one working one.

Once you get it out and start winding it backwards and forwards by hand you'll see the problem.. remove the sunroof panel so you can get a good look at it.. buy a tube of silicone grease too ;)

I wont lie and say its easy.. its not, it's a propa crap job, but allow plenty of time and a clear head and you'll be fine.

Watch out for the people that will message you saying they've just removed a fully working roof from a breakers yard in Germany, could be genuine but I wasn't going to risk the £400 he asked for it....

Best of luck - it's a tricky job but can be done. Just be aware that the B3\B$ and A3 roofs use exactly the same mechanism that breaks exactly the same way - so it's not really a case that you are replacing the Corrado one with a "better" part - but it's possible to cobble together a working one from parts. Regular maintenance and lubrication is the key for long life sunroofs. VAG do't seem to yse Rockwell as a sunroof manufacturer any more - I wonder why...

Definitely take it out, take it apart to clean the guide channels and lubricate it. Not worth the risk of using it as it will break without this maintenance. As said, a pain but worth the effort. Then you can enjoy it.

Cressa