ger040

are all corrado door handles interchangable?

as above are all corrado door handles interchangable i.e those with the micoswitch for central locking / elect windows.

reason i ask spoke to vw technician today and although its been years since he worked on corrados he has agreed to look at mine he believes the fault with mine lies with faulty switch within the door handle

my car is the change over model from 92 and in its history the drivers door lock was changed (later raised face lock type) passenger side has the smooth handle type.

i can get hold of another lock set of a 95 car but will the micro switch be different and will not be suitable?

thanks

Yes, they are interchangeable. As you say, only difference is the raised lock. You can use Passat B4 but if I recall correctly you need to use the lock mechanism as well

Yes, they are interchangeable. As you say, only difference is the raised lock. You can use Passat B4 but if I recall correctly you need to use the lock mechanism as well

thanks for the reply swiftkid I thought they would be but wanted to be sure. I assume once the micro switch is proven faulty a new handle is required!

Easy way to test, unplug the handle and bridge the wires. Usually the wires go brittle and break, might just need soldering back together

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can help witha spare handle if you want mate you will just need to change your lock barrel

thanks lilfuzzer I might take you up on that. I wait until the vw tech has had a look at it. last night I changed the drivers door Handel over and the central locking operated once I.e the car locked and that was it the central locking stopped

Do you test the plug? There's 3 wires, earth, lock and unlock. Just bridge them and that will pin point handle or something else

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

well got it sorted this morning vw tech had it quickly diagnosed once he looked at it it all started to come back to him - all the gremlins associated with the Corrado.

first the drivers door handle was faulty (switch in the handle)

but the main fault was in both doors electrical connections

within the electrical wrapping around the handle plug connection was an electrical connection which he called An Electrical Dode ! ( think I'm correct here) three wires are basically connected together which with age had corroded once cleaned and reconnected the central locking operated again - result happy man