VR-Sixy

Let's Play Spot The Part....... Again!!

OK Guys, this bit is located behind the plastic panel that covers all the workings of the rear wipe and spoiler mechanisms on the rear hatch.

The round 'washer' shaped bit looks to have detached itself from the back (it looks like it was only glued on!) and the bigger bit, i'm guessing goes

through the hole on the panel - but as i said, i'm only guessing.

The large bit with the interior spring does not appear that it should be attached to anything so what this is, and does is a total mystery to me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89714[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]89717[/ATTACH]

CLearly the round 'washer' has detached itself from where it should be (picture 1) and the other bit was rattling around in the read where the wiper and spoiler mechanisms are.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Nick

That I believe is the spring loaded popper, that basically keeps the tailgate open a jar, once it's been opened by the lock button so to speak.

The popper does indeed fit into the hole in the bottom of tailgate on the left side just off centre.

I think the main body of the popper fits through the hole, from outside the tailgate with just the small plastic plunger part sticking through, the washer bit is possibly already attached, or at least it should be. Looks like your washer bit was semi bonded to the outside of the bottom of tailgate, where it should be attached to the main body of plunger, I think these plungers should screw in, think there's threads at the base of main plunger body just behind where the plastic washer should be, well that's how my new replacement plunger looks with threads at base.

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

Speak to the guys at VW Heritage.

Part n.o 535827761

VW Classic Parts section.

Hope this helps.

Si

Yeah also known as the tailgate damper. It fits through from inside as Si has said, and the collar/nut screws on from the bottom of the boot/outside.

I have a spare if needed

Thanks Matey!! Much appreciated. Will let you know after the weekend...... i think my one is royally f**ked to be honest!!

Thanks Matey!! Much appreciated. Will let you know after the weekend...... i think my one is royally f**ked to be honest!!

No sweat mate hopefully not

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk