Aaron10

Front bumper disaster

So removing the front bumper today as i have started operation fit a front mount and distaster has struck removing the 4 bolts that hold it on. Got 3 off and on the last one it decides to snap on me and the head of it comes of in my socket.

Any body and tips how i go about fixing the issue? :(

That's a pig. Any chance you could weld a nut on the end and try again. ...I wouldn't fancy drilling it out. ..good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bumper should still come off with a sheared bolt and you can get improved access to weld a nut on the stub to get it out

Dave

I tried it won't come of at that side unfortunately, the bolt snapped right of at the end so essentially the whole bolt is still in there :(

The head of one of mine sheared off but I could still lift the bumper up and pull it forward

Are you sure its the bolt holding it in place and not some corrosion sticking the bracket to the chassis, maybe give it a bash ;)

The sheared stud is held by a captive nut on the bumper iron if you can push the bumper up while pulling it forward it should come off

Makes sure you got something supporting the engine when you are fiddling about under it trying to sort this. Once those are out there are only two little bolts holding the front subframe in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got sorted, thanks. The bolt pressed up (via a jack) and bumper came away then. Have the complete front end stripped ready for the front mount to be fitted.

Well done in sorting it. Good luck with the rest of it

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk