Sign in to follow this  
M15 VW

Is it EVER coming back to me :(

Hi guys and gals

right well, i bought my corrado with front crash damage , which is fine. So, i put it in with the bodyshop guy i know who has to send it round the corner to get the inner wing straightened and the bracket that holds the bumper on sorted out.

So the guy brings it back after about a week but our guy isnt happy with it........i naturally go down there to have a look and i look at the wheels (which were mint when i gave it to him) to find two of them to have big chucks curbed out of it!!!!!!

So now im not happy at all, theres no way im paying that other guy what he asked !!!!

Right so it goes back to him to do a better job and (this is now the third week) it comes back to our guy to spray today, which is good news. BUT to our guys horror........the rear corner light is smashed and the rear bumper is scuffed and scratched....AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH......a flippin taxi from the taxi garage near the other guy reversed into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now im really not in a good mood, three weeks later and the car is finally back to the spraying guy but he now has to find a rear corner light and spray the back bumper as well as do the original work which was to get the scrape out the bonnet and spray it along with the grille, wing, and front bumper

to make matters worse, i didnt even get the chance to drive it before it went into the garage

AM I EVER GOING TO GET MY CORRADO BACK ???? :cry:

Sorry to hear your about your nightmare... I swear these cars spend more time in bits in a garage rater than out on the road where they belong! Mine has been in and out of garages constantly for the last 8 months :shock: due to on going problems with oil pressure and now severe electrical faults screwing the timing! I'ts at the garage at the moment and has been there for the last two and a half weeks :(

I do keep telling myself that it's all worth it as one day I'll have it on the road and it'll work perfectly although tbh my hope/patience is wearing very thin now :cry:

Good luck gettng it sorted, I'm sure it can't be as bad as mine :wink:

Cos we're all stooopid :wink:

and of course the grin factor does make it all worth it :mrgreen:

hey! mine was off the road for a day under 9 months! :| I know how you feel M15 VW, I didn't think I'd ever get her back together again and drive her, but the grin you'll have when you do will make it all worth it! 8)

I hate letting mine go in anywhere.....I feel I just can't TRUST them somehow.............

yes that is the beastie in my sig before the guy wrote it off and with my wheels on it :)

i will definietely replace the piccy when i get it back.

I trust our bodyshop guy but wasnt too pleased he had to send it round the corner......now we can see why

well it looks great in your sig and I'm sure it'll be even better when you have it back. One to be proud of :D

well it looks great in your sig and I'm sure it'll be even better when you have it back. One to be proud of :D

I 2nd that 8)

It'll be worth it the day u get in ya purple corrado and go for a drive. :D

I'm currantly going through my longest stint without a car, a week down, a week to go.

Cant wait :D

two weeks isnt too bad, this is the longest ive been without a car two and im in the 3rd week......roll on week 4 :cry:

Longest I've been without mine was a week and had to put up with a crappy old Bimmer in the meantime.

Getting back into the Corrado again felt like getting out of a Trabant and into a Rolls Royce.

it will be worth the wait niki im sure corrados are like a great bloke! worth the wait.... :lol: