mooG60

To Port or Not To Port

I have a G-lader that I'd like to send off for a rebuild.

The history is a little uncertain but there is a chance it has never been rebuilt before.

I am wondering if I should pay the extra for the stage 4 rebuild and have the porting work done.

Ideally the stage 4 upgrade is to be run with the smaller pulley setup, but I am being told that it is still a worthy upgrade if I use the standard pulley as planned.

Any advice and opinions would be very helpful for me?

Edited by mooG60

Having it ported reduces pressure and increases air flow. Speak to John Mitchell Racing.

I understand what it does. But I am trying to decide if I should do it or not, and if it's worth spending the extra money versus the benefits it gives.

Was hoping to hear some advice from people who have had theirs done.

Thanks for the reply

If it's a completely standard charger, and your not planning on using a smaller pulley or upgraded chip, then I wouldn't bother with the porting.

If it's a completely standard charger, and your not planning on using a smaller pulley or upgraded chip, then I wouldn't bother with the porting.

Do you know roughly what the power gain is with the stage 4 and pulley/chip upgrade?

Your looking at around a 10-15bhp increase, will also be alot more responsive and the chip will help with digi lag.

If you go the stage 4 route/68mm pulley/chip I would add an RSR outlet to replace the factory plastic unit, further increase in flow.

Whilst your there might as well throw in an adjustable FPR