Rolo120

VR6 Coilpack

Today I fulfilled a long held dream to own a Corrado VR6, the car I always wanted in my twenties but couldn't afford! My new purchase is however in need of a new coilpack - the previous owner suffered an intermittent misfire but it was cured with a borrowed replacement coilpack. So where do I get one? There are several available on ebay ranging from less than £100 to a genuine one at £369 whilst both GSF and VW Heritage sell them. But sure I have read that many replicas fail / crack? Maybe I could get an original from a breaker's yard? Would really appreciate any advice that you can all offer and I look forward to becoming an active member of your community!

Congrats on getting your first corrado

When I needed a new one I found that people recommend going for a beru one as there oe quality I got mine from avs hopefully this link will work

https://www.vwspares.co.uk/VW_Corrado_Electrical.php?model=2.9VR6 VR6

Just to add I did try a cheaper one first from eurocarparts and it didn't work straight out of the box!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by neil20vtc

Congrats on getting your first corrado

When I needed a new one I found that people recommend going for a beru one as there oe quality I got mine from avs hopefully this link will work

https://www.vwspares.co.uk/VW_Corrado_Electrical.php?model=2.9VR6 VR6

Just to add I did try a cheaper one first from eurocarparts and it didn't work straight out of the box!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Got mine from these, been on a year and still perfect.

Thanks all for your help, greatly appreciated. Was just about to order a Beru from AVS when a contributor contacted me by PM offering an OEM VW coilpack which is now fitted and doing the business. No doubt I will be seeking more advice from you all down the line!