ryan_welshman

Damaged jacking points

OK guys, I know some will say there are other links on the forum but I've tried a search and can't find what I'm after....

So, essentially the rado's jacking points have seen better days and I don't want to damage them any further.

What is the best alternative place to jack and place axle stands?

Pictures and links appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I use a trolley jack on the rear axle and also place my axle stand their. As for the tricky front ... I'll have to have a look as I can't remember

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On the front i jack up where the subframe bolts to the floor, also put the axle stand in same place (right next to the jack)

Following with interest - in terms of the rear where do you guys jack when working on the suspension - guess the rear axle would be no good?

Cheers

I use the flat almost triangle shape section of floor that has a few holes in it, but always use a bit of wood about the size of a pack of cards to spread the load.

Yeah, a good idea to always use something to spread the load a bit and protect the under seal. A good idea someone gave me years back was to use ice hockey pucks - they are made of a very hard rubber compound and perfect for this.

Following with interest - in terms of the rear where do you guys jack when working on the suspension - guess the rear axle would be no good?

I often jack up the rear using the rear beam, and support it with 2 jack stands that have neoprene on the pads so they don't damage it, making sure not to interfere with the proportioning valve. I've also used the jack pads just in front of the rear wheels should I need to drop the beam down.

For the front, I typically jack the car up using the C channel just behind the k-frame's last rearmost bolt, and put my jack stand right behind that under the C channel frame rail. The undercoating has been messed up from jacking so I use neoprene to protect the underside. I sometimes use the front factory jack points if I need more room using a hockey puck type jack pad that has a slot cut into it for the pinch weld so it doesn't get damaged. If you use the area where that round hole is, it can mush in and cause problems.

The hockey pucks are a great idea, think I'll get some of those.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.