Jimboslice

Corrado 20vt won't shift into any gear

It's not the firmest and takes just under a second to pop back when released. I can't remember how it felt before.

No gearbox repairs done as far as I know.

And no I'm using my 16v flywheel with the vr6 clutch kit. Flywheel worked fine before.

Okay as an update:

I've poked an endoscope in the inspection hole and everything looks okay (although it's too dark to see the TOB touch the PP).

I've raised the wheels off the ground and put my clutch pedal in whist in gear and my wheels rotate slowly.

I'm gonna order a vacuum bleeder and try that.

Still in desperate need of help, PLEASE!

I've bled with a vac bleeder, nothing.

Fabricated a bit of threaded rod as a manual slave cylinder to ensure the fork moves over: nothing.

Took the box off and everything works completely fine, no issues that I can see. Friction plate is the correct way round.

I'm going to swap the gearbox and then the clutch. Failing that i'm gonna set it on fire and claim off the insurance.

Is there a way to check if the gearbox is broke i.e failed syncro's? I can change gear with the wheels off the ground.

Try clamping the flexi near the gearbox, the pedal should be solid if all air is expelled from the line.

Not going in gear with the engine running but all gears selecting with the engine off is a classic clutch issue, the pressure plate is still holding the friction late close enough to the flywheel to rotate the gears inside the gearbox making it impossible to select first gear.

What's the set up, o2J MK4 gearbox, G60 solid flywheel and VR6 clutch?

You say that but I can drive up and down the drive on the clutch in gear. Got an 02j box, both 02a and j towers, 16v 9a flywheel, vr6 clutch, mk2g60 slave and braided clutch line direct between cylinders.

I had the box off today and there's nothing out of place at all

You say that but I can drive up and down the drive on the clutch in gear. Got an 02j box, both 02a and j towers, 16v 9a flywheel, vr6 clutch, mk2g60 slave and braided clutch line direct between cylinders.

I had the box off today and there's nothing out of place at all

So what are you going to try next?

Swap my 02j for my old 02a and if that don't work buy a new clutch for a laugh. If that don't work set fire to my car and claim on insurance

Is a 9a flywheel the same as g60?

I wasn’t sure so searched CGTi site yesterday and it seems so.

Where did you get the clutch from?

No problems with the flywheel then and I've got g60 flywheel bolts. I got it from eBay (I know I know) last year when I didn't know much about clutches.

Managed to sort it. Swapped the clutch over to a new one and it works. I've got a feeling it might of been the retaining clip as I didn't realise you're supposed to but the bottom bit on the fork as well as through the hole!