fla

oil temp & pressure sender gauge spade size

I will be putting a dual spade on the oil temp sender. Can anyone advise whether this is 4.8mm or 6.3mm? Presumably this will be the same size for the oil pressure senders too?

Many thanks

Any issues with that Dox? How would you suggest i address them? It will be a digital temp gauge so power draw will be low.

The sensor is basically a variable resistor, adding another gauge would mean both would miss-read. I’ve drilled the sump plug and tapped in the past, I’ve also drilled the sump and used a bolt, nut and a pair of copper washers in the side of the sump to do a similar job (drilled and tapped again)when the sump plug was prone to grounding on speed bumps etc

Thanks for the explanation - I've seen some sump plugs which allow a sensor to be fitted so might try one.

What is the oil drain plug thread size on a vr? M14x1.5? Looking to get a sensor adapter drain plug.

Thanks

Just picking this up again - where are the best locations near the gauges to pick up a switched live for the gauges? I was initially thinking the feed to the head unit but this is quite a congested loom. Anything else suggested?

These will be in the cubby hole at the base of the centre console.

thanks chaps, that will be fine for illumination. What about the power? Negative will probably be connected to the earth clamp at the side below the a-post.

Wiki on here has some details on wiring a gauge pod in...

From memory switched live was glove box light.

Illumination and earth was cig lighter

thanks for clarifying Delfinis, and the referral to the wiki - i dont often think of checking there very much now..