robrado974

Console gauges Trim

I’ve just bought a set of these and when I went to fit them they are for a left hand drive consol .

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere about someone buying a new trim for them . Anybody know about this or point me in the right direction please

Kind regards

Rob

Found them on eBay .

Edit . No I haven’t .

788168b832cf6da9509bd562ed6ec7e9.jpg

This is the one I have just bought .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also did that mate, I looked for ages for a solution. I bought a tape holder with the hope of using that to bodge a front. I even thought about getting it 3D mapped and trying to get it printed in reverse.

I eventually found a rhd set

I also did that mate, I looked for ages for a solution. I bought a tape holder with the hope of using that to bodge a front. I even thought about getting it 3D mapped and trying to get it printed in reverse.

I eventually found a rhd set

So there is no solution to it then Martin?. I also took the trim off of my cassette holder to see if I could do anything.

So there is no solution to it then Martin?. I also took the trim off of my cassette holder to see if I could do anything.

I’m not saying there is no solution mate, I gave up on it and set about sourcing a rhd set. I don’t think there is an easy solution however. The internals are the same it’s just getting it to fit.

I even considered trying to get a centre console from a lhd to somehow use the lower part but it was just too much effort to think about

I’m not saying there is no solution mate, I gave up on it and set about sourcing a rhd set. I don’t think there is an easy solution however. The internals are the same it’s just getting it to fit.

I even considered trying to get a centre console from a lhd to somehow use the lower part but it was just too much effort to think about

Ok Martin , thank you for your help and info .

I've seen it done, but it looks very messy. The gauges are also angled slightly, so it will never look quite right. The RHD ones are much harder to get hold of, especially considering that every SLC sold in North America had LHD gauges fitted.

Best of luck hunting - there was a run of them made in the last few years so you might be lucky and come across a set. I got mine from Arz Tuning in Germany, but that was many moons ago.

I've seen it done, but it looks very messy. The gauges are also angled slightly, so it will never look quite right. The RHD ones are much harder to get hold of, especially considering that every SLC sold in North America had LHD gauges fitted.

Best of luck hunting - there was a run of them made in the last few years so you might be lucky and come across a set. I got mine from Arz Tuning in Germany, but that was many moons ago.

I will see if I can return this set before looking for another . Thanks for replying

Hope you get a set rob... they really do look good fitted.

Yes , they look great , I will have to put up with my cassette holder for a while