Purplebaghera

Edd China's 'Garage Revival'

Hi, All

Just caught this on 'You Tube' , don't know if anyone else has seen it yet? Mk1 GTI Project, Thought it was quite cool

I saw the promo,didn't realise there was a whole episode,

Thanks for letting us know

No worries, came up while I was looking for something else, seemed to have more about it on American car sites than uk, not ground breaking but good hands on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched this as was a little disappointed tbh They picked a guy to help restore the car but turned out that he had already don't all the work (plus he had a decent garage setup). For Ed to pop in and do a few bits left me a bit bitter.

Car SOS was a similar theme but was much better in my opinion.

Agreed. It was all a bit staged (OMG, Ed China has turned up at my doorstep....hmmmmm) and the key details were skipped over. It went from doing a headlining in detail, to rear disc conversions and completely skipped past the carbs and engine tuning. Meh. I like the China and I'm glad the irritating little Brewster is out of the picture, but it could be more techie - which is what the China one wanted all along!!

I did a 16V conversion into a MK1 myself way back when and trust me, they only covered 5% of what is required in that episode.

I can't watch any of these type of half-arsed entertainment shows anymore. Just *******ised to death.