jaybo

Beware of parts from Mike Mehbib

Hi Gang. I've been cotemplating about writing this all week and have decided too as I don't want anyone else to lose cash or time. If it's not appropriate then please remove it.

A couple of weeks ago I put my car up on the Facebook group to show it was for sale. Someone helpfully suggested I get an oem grill and rear lights to bring the car back to a more buyer friendly look. THey offered me a price for both and I said I would gte back to them.

Mike called me shortly afterwards (I've bought parts from him previusly) and said had had the bits. I said they need to be not brokend in any sense as I am selling the car. He guaranteed me they were not. I send him some pics of everything else I needed too and we agreed a price.

When they all arrived I started to fit the parts and found most of them broken, incorrect or missing -

Front grill - three broken slats and missing tab

Heater panel - broken bulb

Radiator cover - missing from the box

Radiaotr mount - broken and missing the bolt

Seat rail cover screws - wrong size

Rear lights - fine

Fog light - fine

Lower screen cover screws - fine

I stressed that all parts needed to work and he knew how importnat they were as I told him I was selling the car. When I finally spoke to him the next day I could not get a word in and he kept mentioing that he waited ages (two years ago) for some suspension i was seling him and that they were extra parts in the box he didnt want. A strange excuse for my broken/missing parts I bought off him.

Again, I dont want anyone else to have the same issue. I have essentially paid £150 for rear lights, a fog light and three screws. This is not the first time the parts have been poor quality. I don't recall his username on here but perhaps someone can chime in.

When someone pays a lot for parts that are promised are working, I woud hope they woudl arrive. I've not heard anythign else for a week from him so assume that I have lost the cash. I've bought the parts elsehwere now.

Please avoid if you can!

Thanks

Jason

**** deal to say the least..

I personally have never heard of him. Next time you need bits there's me, chris lilfuzzer, dox and many other trusted guys selling on the forum.

I hope you get it sorted mate.

Indeed, I'm very upset by the whole thing. We don't have the usual eBay/Amazon guaratees on car forums. Just trust and the hope that everyone is honest. I've just had a look through old messages and i think the guy's username is g60knight.

Any other bits i'll be sure to come to you guys! :-)

I've just gone through my messages and it is def g60knight who is the seller. I've also found previous messages of me gettign annoyed about broken parts.

Please avoid everyone. He's made no move to right the situation so it does look like he is a dishonest individual. Shame.

I’ve taken his personal number out of this thread by request.

I dont think having his personal phone number on here has any value.

I've just gone through my messages and it is def g60knight who is the seller. I've also found previous messages of me gettign annoyed about broken parts.

To be honest I've never heard of him,

it's all about working as a team on these Forums, and he's not a team player by the sounds of it.

Si

Edited by vw rule

Never heard of him either. It seems a while since the bad buyer / seller thread has reared its ugly head. This doesn’t help Jaybo I know . But your right Si it’s about team work on a forum. Last time I was ripped off was in 2009 , I was a newbie and didn’t kick up much fuss . The forum member hasn’t been on for years now , but the last time he put up a pick of his car I commented on his nice grill , he didn’t get the sarcasm.