dbelton

What is this hose.

Hi - need to replace this hose. Anyone know the part number or what it is called.

thanks in anticipation. DB.[ATTACH=CONFIG]95735[/ATTACH]

From memory, that is a breather to the carbon canister.

The pipe goes from the manifold (as pictured) through the valve (on the suspension turret), to the carbon canister in front of the wheel.

I can't find it, though...

I have not long purchased one of these hoses and still have the old one that has a bit of brown discoloring on the small top hose.

They are really exspensive new £90 part number 021133518H , you can order off VW heritage classics/ international .

It is attached to the PCV valve, a light blue vacum valve solenoid part number 034133517 and aslo the throttle body. they are only on the late VR6 models. All you need to do is remove the one end of the air intake boot its a doddle to fit.

Is your oil breathe aftermarket that you have fitted that connects from your pcv vavle to airbox hose it looks different from mine.

Edited by Keyo

I have not long purchased one of these hoses and and have the old one that has a bit of brown discoloring on the small top hose.

They are really exspensive £90 part number 021133518H , you can order off VW heritage classics .

It is attached to the PCV valve, a light blue vacum valve solenoid part number 034133517 and aslo the throttle body. these are only on the late VR6 models. All you need to do is remove the one end od the air intake hose its a doddle to fit.

Is your hose aftermarket that you have fitted that connects from your pcv vavle to airbox hose it looks different from mine.

Neither of my 93s have this setup. I guess it only came on 95s?

Im not sure when the change date was, I do know a lot of people have modified this hose with an oil catch can or leave an open hose and seal the hole in the intake boot, negatives of this mod are it can lead to a rough idle and fumes in your engine bay which can be sucked into your heater vents .

Its a bloody exspensive part of the car with new parts that construct that area. Pcv vavle 7M0128101 £68 / Solenoid blue vacum vavle 034133517 £120/ 3 way hose 021133518H £90 / Oil breather Hose 021103493A £30 . You will notice there is a plug connector on the oil breather hose if you pull it out you will notice it is actually blanked in the UK and does nothing , in colder climates overseaes this part had a heater to warm the gasses on a cold start.

For those that are not aware these parts recirculate nasty gasses to let the engine burn them rather then been released into the atmosphere. It is described as a regulated catalyst.

Edited by Keyo

Hi - Thanks for all the replies. This was a difficult part to find but in the end I got one from VW Parts International (£82.94 including delivery). The original part number had a B suffix but had been discontinued so had me worried. There is a similar hose with the same part number but a F or G suffix. This has a much longer hose on the left branch so possibly went the a carbon canister as has been suggested. I have checked the Corrado parts catalogue for 91 to 95 and the part 021133518H is the same in all. (mine is a 94)

The part was available from a few sources in Europe at a cheaper price but higher delivery costs.

The hose on my car had split and was causing tick-over and stalling problems including the common stalling when clutch depressed. Fingers crossed all solved.

Thanks again for all the help. DB.

FWIW I believe all these components are shared with the Ford Galaxy VR6 and can be had more cheaply from Ford dealers.

I had read this on the forum but was restricted to the internet at the time (flu). I could find nothing there. I have in the past been shocked at the VW hose prices so when I have time I shall go to my local Ford dealer and have a serious chat to the parts guy!

Trust me Ford parts for the VR6 are no longer cheap Ive tried all ready in the form of Pcv valve, I think the Rado crowd purchased most of them all ready ha! Still worth looking though just incase.

I wouldn't say "cheap" is the word, but "more cheaply" is a statement of fact. :). Ford have a long way to go to catch up with VW pricing.

I got a PCV not that long ago myself.

I have not long purchased one of these hoses and still have the old one that has a bit of brown discoloring on the small top hose.

They are really exspensive new £90 part number 021133518H , you can order off VW heritage classics/ international .

It is attached to the PCV valve, a light blue vacum valve solenoid part number 034133517 and aslo the throttle body. they are only on the late VR6 models. All you need to do is remove the one end of the air intake boot its a doddle to fit.

Is your oil breathe aftermarket that you have fitted that connects from your pcv vavle to airbox hose it looks different from mine.

Hi Keyo - just noticed your question at the end. The pic is a stock photo so not my car. DB.

I wouldn't say "cheap" is the word, but "more cheaply" is a statement of fact. :). Ford have a long way to go to catch up with VW pricing.

I got a PCV not that long ago myself.

So did I last month from VW International and it was cheapr then the one at Ford with discount .